Customer Success Data Strategy Lead
Splunk is the world’s first Data-to-Everything Platform. Now organizations no longer need to worry about where their data is coming from, and they are free to focus on the business outcomes that data can deliver.
Our Splunk Family in the Americas theater is a results-focused and collaborative bunch spanning functions across sales, customer success, support, marketing and G&A functions. We love to work as a team, celebrate success and learn from our losses. We have a great team culture with weekly team breakfasts, cocktail hour Fridays, end of quarter celebrations, volunteer activities and a culture based on respect, transparency and always doing the right thing.
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Customer Success Data Strategy Lead
Splunk’s Customer Success teams (Professional Services, Support, CSMs, Renewals, Education) are going through a massive digital transformation, enabling new tools across the organization and across Splunk. Enabling this transformation requires a strong Data Strategy as a foundation. We are seeking a key leader to drive our strategy around data, including data quality, governance, data lake, and data analysis/insights.
The Data Strategy Lead role sits within the Strategy and Operations function of Customer Success, and interacts with all its functions (PS, Support, EDU, CSMs) as well as various other function within Splunk (Sales, IT, Finance) in order to deliver accurate, reliable data, as well ad metrics and customer insights to the various teams.
The Data Strategy Lead has overall accountability for CS’ data and reporting posture by responsibly managing data assets, data lineage and data access, supporting sound data analysis, and rationalizing group's information strategy.
Are you the candidate that meets the following requirements to help us grow together?
- 7+ years of hands-on experience in developing and operationalizing data based guidelines, policies, procedures, and standards with demonstrated increase of responsibilities over time.
- Focus on data strategy, execution and support for projects, programs, application enhancements and production fixes
- Experience in Data Governance, Data Lake, Data Strategies,
- Experience in establishing data stewardship and information management strategies
- Experience with data modeling and test data management tools.
- Expertise in CS tools: Salesforce, Gainsight, Snowflake, G-Suite, Tableau, other SaaS and AI/ML tools.
- Excellent matrix management skills cross functionally (EDM, IT, Finance, Legal, Sales, etc.)
- Proven ability to make well-thought-out decisions on complex or ambiguous data issues
- Effective communication to individuals at various levels of the technical and business communities
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of peers and key stakeholders; mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with grace; execute with limited information and ambiguity.
- Results-oriented, diligent, and works with a sense of urgency. Assertive, responsible for his/her own work (self-directed), have a strong affinity for defining work in deliverables, and be willing to commit to deadlines.
- Influential, focused and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure.
- Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity, poise, maturity and precision both written and verbal.
- Strong Program management skills and cross functional working capabilities to drive solutions.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills; balancing strategic alignment with technology roadmap and emerging industry trends with practical delivery.
- Responsible for data quality and data accuracy across all groups within Customer Success (PS, CSM/Renewals, Support, Education).
- Drive execution on the Data Quality/Clean-up projects underway (Business Requirement Documents in plan).
- Generate additional BRDs as needed for the business.
- Key Interlock owner with the EDM (Enterprise Data Management) group for Data Governance activities within CS. Partners with the data governance team to ensure solutions adhere to the organization’s data principles and guidelines.
- Interlock with the Business Data experts and Data Stewards in CS functions.
- Interlock with Data Tech/ Data Lake team to develop, then run the Operational cadence within CS for Data analysis and dashboard creation.
- Interlock with CS Business Intelligence Team to provide data and insights across the organization.
- Responsible for defining standards and best practices for data analysis, modeling, and queries.
- Own CS data assets including reports, data warehouse, etc.
- Responsible for governing data access for all group's data assets.
- Responsible for solving data related issues and communicating resolutions with other solution domains.
- The role may have future direct reports.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $135,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.
- Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity at Splunk. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. Splunk is impacted by the mandates outlined for U.S. Government contractors in President Biden’s Path out of the Pandemic: COVID-19 Action Plan. As a result, Splunk requires U.S. employees, whether assigned to an office of 100% remote, to provide proof of full vaccination, as defined by the CDC. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected] Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.