Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As a Principal Engineer at VictorOps/Splunk, you will craft, develop and support highly scalable, real-time notification and collaboration services that
You will help build new capabilities into our product such as improved monitoring integrations, enhancing the product to support large companies and helping to drive us
Our primary language for developing backend software is Scala and we work in a fast-paced, Agile development process.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- 7+ years of commercial software development experience on the Linux platform
- 3-5 years of Scala experience
- Extensive experience writing scalable services in Scala /Java
- Experience using a variety of high volume data technologies (e.g. MySQL, Cassandra, Kafka, ElasticSearch/Solr, Spark, etc)
- Experience with Agile development, Continuous Integration,
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic environment
- Passionate about working in a collaborative, startup-like environment
- At VictorOps/Splunk, we offer an exceptional package + benefits
- The chance to join a fun and hard-working team
- New hardware of your choice
- Work/life balance and we can prove it; we were ranked on Outdoor Magazine’s Best Places to Work
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.