Sr Engineering Manager - Search Technologies
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and strive to provide the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can join our journey.
I want to do that!
This Senior Engineering Manager is a newly created role within Splunk's Search division. Success will be measured by your ability to build and lead your team as part of our overall engineering strategy. You will seamlessly integrate within our deeply innovative culture and contribute to our excellent record for delivering
Our Search division is a dynamic technology group with a visionary mission to solve the information analytics needs at a scale few other products have attempted. If you possess a passion for extraordinary technology leadership and embrace the challenge of working at the frontier of what is possible in the industry today, then this position is for you. We are building
Want this job?
We are looking for a proven, seasoned engineering leader to lead the Search team in Seattle. Search is at the heart of Splunk. You will build and lead the team that will be working on our Search Processing Language and other technologies that will power the next generation of Splunk and enable ever deeper customer insights.
In this role, you will:
- Hire and build a new team within an existing Search Engineering organization, focused on making our
industry leadingtechnology even more valuable to our customers.
- Diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software.
- Champion an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor.
- Plan and support career development.
- Recruit and retain top talent.
- Be an advocate of scalable and extensible, recoverable,
manageablearchitecture for Core products and services.
- Experience leading engineering teams working on solutions to deeply challenging problems in processing data at massive scale. As an example, the team
aresolving problems that require knowledge of map reducefundamentals, lambda architecture, and systems such as Spark/Flink/Hadoop and Kafka.
- Experience hiring and cultivating teams.
- Experience developing new products, either in small companies or within the context of larger organizations. A mix of start-up and bigger company experience is a plus.
- Experience working within geographically distributed organizations.
- Experience building and cultivating strong engineering practices and processes.
- Consistent track record of delivering scalable, high performance, and
high qualitysoftware systems.
- Broad understanding of various cloud development technologies and trends for enterprise-scale, distributed systems.
- Strong technical acumen, creativity, interpersonal skills, and emotional intelligence.
We value inclusion and diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.