Senior Sales Engineer
Location: Seattle or Portland
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
Are you an awesome collaborator that loves to help businesses succeed? Are you a tech geek and comfortable around cutting edge technology? If you are Splunk is seeking a highly motivated, results oriented individual to join our dynamic presales team. You will work together with Splunk’s direct sales team on the solution and technical aspects of selling Splunk’s solutions to our largest commercial Enterprise clients. Our clients span all business sectors and sizes. You will be the "eyes & ears" and SME for our team serving our customers and prospects in the Pacific Northwest.
Would you like the opportunity to work at a fast-growing company that is changing the way that information is used to support business decisions? You will have the responsibility for actively driving and leading the technology evaluation stage of the sales cycle. Working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor, you will be an advocate for Splunk’s products. Additionally, you will position Splunk's technology and solutions to both business and technical users. You will identify all technical issues of your assigned accounts to assure complete client satisfaction throughout the sales process, and establish and maintain positive relationships with your client's technical staff.
- Ability to demonstrate Splunk products and services to customers on site, remotely via webinar sessions, and at field events such as conferences and trade shows.
- Experience responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs is also important.
- Self-motivated with a consistent track record in technical software sales and knowledge of technology.
- Strong ability to collaborate and dynamic presentation skills and ability to communicate clearly to emails and RFPs when submitting reports.
- Willing to travel to visit prospects and customers, and to engage in onsite customer work when required.
- Ability to be organized and analytical, and will be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- Comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a fast growing customer base.
- IMPORTANT We can teach you the technology, coach you on soft skills and educate you on processes. You should have a strong sense of self-motivation, an insatiable curiosity about what “is possible” with technology, the desire to work with an awesome team and a positive,fun-loving attitude.
- 5+ years related experience in selling and supporting software products to IT organizations.
- Knowledge of virtualization (VMware/Citrix/Hyper-V).
- Network Administration/Architecture/Management Knowledge.
- Practical knowledge of Splunk solutions
- Experience in security operations is a plus.
- Selling SIEM solutions is a plus.
- Unix/Windows – Administration Experience.
- Domain expertise with IT operations, security or compliance.
- Familiar with Computer Programming - C/C++, Shell, Perl, Python Programming.
- Knowledge of “Big data” technologies (Map-Reduce, Hadoop, HBase, Cloudera, Cassandra) a plus.
- Comfortable approaching total strangers and quickly extracting technical know-how from them.
- Should be available to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to learn, grow and be a part of our team
- You live in Portland or Seattle
- Bachelor's of Science degree. We’ll break the rules if you’re awesome. Liberal Arts majors/minors are great to see. We love individuals with a broad range of interests; art, science, research, writing, music, whatever you’re into.
Are you looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership and creativity? Please contact us. Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you join Splunk you'll be working with a team of smart people who are as passionate about our products as our customers' success.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.