Cloud Sales Manager
Do you want to make an impact and help shift the way companies do business? Splunk’s Cloud business is continuing to grow fastly, and we are looking for a top notch sales team member to help ensure its success. Candidates should have a measurable track record in selling (or being involved with selling) Splunk’s solutions or SaaS solutions overall, ideally with experience in transforming the way a company sells. Reporting to the Area Vice President, Cloud Sales the Cloud Sales Manager will play a key having the salesforce to take a ‘Cloud First’ attitude to selling Splunk’s solutions in a way that results in continued growth and equally importantly, customer success and good business for Splunk overall.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Be an overall Splunk Cloud selling resource for sales team members to help them build, mature and close Cloud business. Provide them with authoritative mentorship to better qualify, understand customer pain points/use cases to the best position Splunk Cloud to meet the customers’ requirements.
- Communicate to Splunk leadership observations from the Field that may help change or adjust overall strategy. Participate in business and strategy planning meetings with leadership.
- Help structure, guide and review sales proposals to ensure they are correct and aligned with Margin and overall Best Practices for selling Splunk Cloud.
- Participate in regular sales leadership conversations to support Cloud opportunities and explore how Cloud can be leveraged to gain ambitious advantage.
- Accurately and regularly forecast Cloud bookings for roll up to Splunk leadership.
- Identify obstacles to successful Cloud selling, develop and implement programs to remove them including building the material for trainings and sessions.
- Deliver regular education sessions to the sales teams that will make it natural for them to sell Cloud in a way that accelerates sales cycles, deal sizes, customer success and ensures good business.
- Ability to rapidly learn, embrace and demonstrate standard methodology tools to help the sales team incorporate this into their sales opportunities on a regular basis such as TCO Comparison.
- Act as a “Cloud Account Manager” as needed to help maintain the relationship and project status with large and or complex customers that need additional attention. Be a liaison for sharing information between account teams, Cloud Product Management, Engineering and Operations.
- Comfortable working part of a Global team where the common language is English working on programs that will both directly and indirectly affect your number.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 5 + years software selling experience (international experience preferred), ideally selling Splunk and/or Splunk Cloud solutions, ideally with IT Operations and Security or as a minimum alternative SaaS solutions in a similar space.
- Successful track record as an “overlay” manager working closely with sales leadership and guiding sales teams to effectively sell a solution with a different selling motion and value proposition in Japan.
- Ideally experience working for a legacy software that transitioned into a SaaS provider.
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations for SaaS and Cloud providers.
- Currently and consistently over the years overachieved quota (top producer, made club/trips etc.)
- Proven experience working with partners and GSIs
- Strong English language skills as well as exceptional interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Native Level Japanese Communication skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment
- Relevant software industry knowledge in any of the following: IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management, application development and management, security, and/or analytics.
- Used CRM systems (Salesforce) extensively.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.