Director Community Marketing
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Have you ever wanted to be a part of an enterprise community so strong that people stop you on the street just to share their love for your product?
The Splunk Community - a thriving group of passionate experts, engaged knowledge sharers and curious new users - is seeking a new Director who is a strong storyteller and people connector who can build on a powerful user base to drive a new level of community engagement. In this role you’ll be instrumental in mapping out the investments, technologies, and key activities needed to help us grow our community while maintaining engagement with current members.
You will lead a team that is focused on engaging and growing our community through in-person and digital user groups, online support channels and our super-user expert group - Splunk Trust. This team will also partner with key Splunkers across digital marketing, events, customer success, and sales to define the right metrics for community success, build out a program to achieve key milestones and deliver a stellar community experience.
Reporting to the head of corporate messaging and community marketing you will help us craft a vision collaboratively with the community team and amplify your work across the organization.
- Define the core strategy for all Splunk communities including key work streams, KPI’s and tradeoffs required
- Execute against that strategy to make sure every piece of the community is functioning at its best to engage a diverse set of users
- Engage with Splunk’s core users to understand their needs to and to stay connected to their experience both with the Splunk product and wider community
- Clearly articulate our leadership position and create a clear narrative for the purpose and future of our community
- Build programs to engage a new generation of users across a wider set of business and technology functions
- Make clear budgeting technology decisions and trade-offs based on goals to run community at scale
- Ability to present, write and create content, both internally and externally, to represent the mission of our community
- Mentoring and growing a group of community team members who will become future leaders of Splunk
- Tracking and ensuring delivery of programs on time and within budget
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 8 years of success as a manager or director focused on building a community or similar engagement
- Experience selecting, managing and maintaining technology/business systems including community management, web analytics, marketing automating and performance management tools
- Excellent written, oral, and social interpersonal skills across multiple audiences and methods.
- Shown success in recruiting, hiring management and mentorship with multi-disciplinary teams.
- A proven track record collaborating across matrixed organizations to drive results.
- Adept at navigating uncertainty and complexity whilst delivering a strong finished product.
- Budget planning, management and forecasting experience.
- Intense teamwork, harmony and the ability to lead with vision.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.