Business Process Analyst - Business Transformation
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly, to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Business Transformation team is a creative, results-oriented, and entrepreneurial team within Global Business Operations. You will work alongside other leaders and teammates to drive sophisticated, multi-functional efforts that position the company for continued high-growth. You will apply a consultative approach and process analysis expertise to drive a portfolio of deep change in a fast-paced SaaS company. Your goal is to help craft Splunk's business capabilities and strategies by analyzing complex business processes end-to-end, making design recommendations to optimize performance, and supporting the execution of programs to realize our future-state.
Our business process leaders excel at the translation of strategy into execution. They are strategic thinkers with excellent business insights, curious about problems and understanding how everything works, and advocates for operational excellence in SaaS business models. They work with teams across the enterprise to define end-to-end value streams, align on organizational effectiveness strategies, develop differentiating capabilities, reinvent organizational and operating models, and take full advantage of digitization. They apply deep process expertise and apply a range of process improvement methodologies.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Understand the company’s operating model and commercial objectives and how they translate into the need for efficient, standardized, scalable business processes, organizational structures, and operations
- Analyze existing processes, applying different techniques and methods, including documentation of the existing flows. Codify the customer experience and recommend process improvements to address corporate priorities and objectives
- Support the design of "to be" processes and work with experts to stay aligned with business stakeholders, users, and technical teams
- Proactively work with IT to define and implement system solutions - execute in an agile delivery model by developing epics, user stories, test scripts, acceptance criteria, and training materials
- Collaborate with the business and change management teams to ensure business readiness and transfer knowledge for any new process/system.
- Ensure baseline metrics and KPIs are understood, and assist future state measurement/ management systems for operational health and success metrics.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- Minimum of 5 years of management consulting, professional services, and/ or comparable technology industry experience with a Bachelor’s degree in a related field; or 3 years minimum with an MBA
- Experience and expertise across end-to-end business cycles - particularly in high-growth, highly-scaled SaaS environment or company shifting from perpetual to SaaS business model - operational experience in Product NPI, Sales, and/or Finance areas in a SaaS companies is a plus
- A successful track record navigating uncertainty and ambiguity in critical, enterprise-wide, multidisciplinary initiatives that meaningfully improve organizational effectiveness
- Experienced with agile software delivery frameworks in efforts to automate, improve, or redesign business processes and a solid understanding of enterprise systems such as SAP, Salesforce, Gainsight, Workday, Celonis, etc.
- Strong business point of view and communication skills, both written and verbal.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $75,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.