Data & Systems Finance Manager (GTM)
Join us as we pursue our ground-breaking vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Come join a dynamic team and have an impact on Spunk’s fast growing business. Splunk is looking for an individual to join the Go-To-Market FP&A team, as a Finance manager responsible for helping scale our financial processes and systems. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Field (GTM) Finance, this position will be responsible for managing headcount and financial reporting processes across the GTM finance organization, while also working cross organizationally to to scale our processes, systems, and reporting capabilities. The ideal candidate is a systems-thinker and problem-solver, with the ability to apply financial and accounting acumen in development of solutions and process improvements. We are looking for someone that thinks comprehensively, and delivers scalable solutions that meet objectives while also simplifying processes. Join us as we pursue our vision to transform Finance processes and systems to scale Splunk for the future.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Streamline financial close related reporting across the GTM finance team, bringing together data from multiple source systems to save time and improve accuracy
- Manage headcount tracking, reporting, forecasting process for the GTM finance team, with the goal of optimizing process efficiency, standardization, and automation
- Understand and represent the business requirements of the GTM finance team for enhancements and/or roadmap of key reporting and financial systems, including Snowflake, Tableau, SAP and Anaplan
- Work collaboratively with Financial Operations team on data warehouse implementations, reflecting the business requirements of the GTM finance team
- Define and build standardized Tableau financial reporting dashboards
- Understand the team's usage of Anaplan, and identify areas for simplification and process improvement, while still aligning to Corporate structure and requirements
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- This role is for doers; be able to get into the details and get the job done while at the same time being able to see the forest for the trees
- Knowledge and experience in financial / process / operational / technology reviews, risk assessment required with the ability to construct well-targeted management reports.
- Results driven leader who understands accounting and finance processes and has extensive financial systems experience (with high volumes of data in a complex multi-currency global environment).
- Demonstrated success in developing and applying concepts, practices and procedures of financial planning and analysis. Outstanding forecasting methods and techniques. Advanced analytical and quantitative abilities.
- Superior software and system skills with extensive experience with ERP (SAP, Oracle, NetSuite, etc.) and Planning (Hyperion, Anaplan, Workday etc.) systems including data conversions and data mapping.
- Effective problem solving skills with an ability to identify issues and resolve, or identify the internal resources to assist
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Capable of communicating complex financial information in an easy to understand format.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization in an open office setting and a highly collaborative environment with a high growth, start-up mentality.
- Strong customer service orientation and a desire to help others succeed
- Ability to influence others, and drive alignment on priorities with senior management
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, thrive in a fast-paced environment and stay flexible through growth and change
Education: Got it!
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Economics or related relevant areas
- 8+ years of related experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.