Business Strategy and Operations Director
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Business Operations & Strategy (“BizOps”) team is focused on driving results for the company through performance management, operational cadence, and strategic initiatives and is broadly aligned to either the market groups or the functional areas of the organization. The IT Markets group at Splunk is the team chartered with growing our business in the IT Operations, App Delivery and Mobile markets.
As the Director of Business Operations for IT Markets, you will report to the Sr. Director of Biz Ops and partner with them/cross-functional leadership team to develop and execute strategies that drive growth and improvements in the business. Projects include formulating strategic priorities and operational plans, conducting market and customer research to drive new opportunities for growth and expansion, uncovering customer and competitive insights, and influencing long and mid-term roadmap investments.
In this role, you will take on highly complex problems, gain insight into the strategic and operational issues which are forefront in the minds of the leadership team, have exposure to senior-level decision-making and have the chance to create relationships with people across the entire company.
You should be someone with a strong product and market background and an expert in all areas of strategy development and execution including: project management, business analysis, problem solving, executive communication, consensus building, and people development. You should also have strong technology experience and aptitude to pick up and dive deep into the technology and product. In addition, you must demonstrate the ability to thrive in an unstructured, collaborative environment. A combination of strategy and product marketing or product management experience is ideal.
- You will drive highly visible projects for Splunk; Work cross-functionally to structure problems, analyze opportunities, and develop solutions and actionable recommendations and results through a rigorous, data-driven process
- You will drive the operational cadence for the group, measure and track critical initiatives, and prepare the content for Executive Staff, Quarterly Business Reviews and Board Meetings
- You will provide insights to the business through analytics and market research as required (e.g. market, customer, competitive)
- You will develop strategic and business cases working with cross-functional teams outlining business opportunity, rationale, and execution plans to achieve the vision for the opportunity including product, GTM strategies, and business model
- You will uncover areas within the business to drive performance improvements to unlock productivity and accelerate execution
- You will work with cross-functional team (product, development, marketing, sales, alliances, corp dev) to conduct build vs buy vs partner analyses to execute on growth opportunities
- 7-10 years experience post MBA with a mix of strategy, business operations in a technology company, and top-tier consulting firm / corporate strategy field with strong exposure to technology
- Experience driving large and complex initiatives from framing the problem, conducting research / analysis to building the business and operational plans through to driving execution to success is required
- Strong leadership and communication skills – written and verbal -- to work with senior executives across various geographies and functions; well-versed with business and technical discussions
- People development and influencing skills; able to build and drive extended and virtual teams
- Strong analytical and financial skills to work on complex business issues with minimum supervision
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a dynamic, collaborative, and innovative high-growth environment
- Experience in working directly with APM and monitoring products and in delivering a new product into market is a plus
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- Master of Business Administration degree
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.