Senior UI Designer
About Splash Damage
We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our studio culture is rooted in our open, friendly, and collaborative environment. Our games are made by people from all over the world, from our entry-level Fresh Talent hires to industry veterans, and we believe that fostering that diverse culture is the best way to build both our games and our studio. We have won numerous awards, including a ‘World-Class’ accreditation by Best Companies and being named one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and our life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process
- 25 days of holiday and 8 Bank Holidays a year, plus our annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
Splash Damage's Senior UI Designers bring the user experience vision for our projects to life by applying their experience and technical expertise.
Senior UI Designers are well-versed in user-centered design methodologies and make a major impact at all stages of the UI design workflow. They establish the visual design direction for our interfaces; craft static designs, prototypes, and animations with the highest degree of polish and, work closely with our UI engineers to get the best out of our technology.
Senior UI Designers work autonomously and make smart decisions with the information at hand. They can effectively communicate their team’s solutions both verbally and visually to stakeholders. They always look for ways to push themselves and their projects further and look for opportunities to share their experience with members of their team and the wider UI department.
We believe that leveling up our skills is an essential part of the job and offer regular training opportunities and mentorship to all our UI designers.
- Strong background in UI design for video games; you’ve worked on at least 1 commercial project from inception to delivery and know XD, Photoshop, and Illustrator like the back of your hand
- Player-centered approach to UI design, with solid knowledge of design processes and methodologies
- Exceptional fluency in current and upcoming design as well as typographical trends, with a keen eye for composition, clarity, and usability
- A can-do attitude and strong teamwork skills; you love working with others to craft solutions and can provide direction and feedback to other designers when needed
- Great time management and organisational skills; you can plan projects at both roadmap and sprint levels and get the job done without close supervision
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; you’re able to present ideas clearly to audiences of all experience levels
- Knowledge of accessibility best practices
- Experience managing or mentoring others
- Understanding of motion graphics
- Experience in user research and focus testing
- Experience working with UMG
Splash Damage is an equal-opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.