About Splash Damage
We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our studio culture is rooted in our open, friendly, and collaborative environment. Our games are made by people from all over the world, from our entry-level Fresh Talent hires to industry veterans, and we believe that fostering that diverse culture is the best way to build both our games and our studio. We have won numerous awards, including a ‘World-Class’ accreditation by Best Companies and being named one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for.
While our offices are based in Bromley, UK, our people have access to progressive working patterns that give them the flexibility to decide how to do their best work.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Work your way with access to progressive working patterns including hybrid and fully remote
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and our life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process
- 25 days of holiday and 8 Bank Holidays a year, plus our annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
UI Designers at Splash Damage turn concepts and systems into intuitive and engaging experiences that enable players to interact with our game worlds and each other.
Applying user-centred design methodologies, UI Designers take ownership of UI features and drive them to completion. They create user flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes, and effectively apply colour theory and design principles to craft visual designs with a high degree of polish. After delivering mock-ups and design specs, they review the implementation to ensure it matches their vision, and use feedback from user testing to push iteration as needed.
UI Designers are collaborative by nature and enjoy working with others to develop concepts and ideas. They see challenges as opportunities to develop their own skills and are enthusiastic about honing their technical ability and expertise. UI Designers are selfless individuals who never lose sight of who they’re ultimately designing for – our players.
We believe that levelling up our skills is an essential part of the job and offer regular training opportunities and mentorship to all our UI Designers.
- A solid background in UI design; you’ve worked on at least one commercial product for a significant period of its development
- Fluency in current design and typographical trends, with a keen eye for composition, clarity and usability
- A can-do attitude and strong interpersonal skills; you love collaborating with others to craft solutions and can provide constructive feedback when asked
- Great time management and organisational skills; you can support others in getting the job done without supervision
- Good communication and presentation skills; you’re able to present ideas clearly to audiences of all experience levels
- A real enthusiasm for game UI
Bonus Points for:
- Experience working with UMG
- Knowledge of game accessibility best practices
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.