About Splash Damage
Come join us!
At Splash Damage, we’re dedicated to crafting team-based multiplayer games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork.
Our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and we’re currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
As an UnrealEngine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in UE5 technology and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from.
Therefore we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio.
UI Designers at Splash Damage turn complicated concepts and systems into intuitive and engaging experiences that enable players to interact with our game worlds and each other.
Applying user-centred design methodologies, UI Designers take ownership of UI features and drive them to completion. They create user flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes, and effectively apply colour theory and design principles to craft visual designs with a high degree of polish. After delivering mock-ups and design specs, they review the implementation to ensure it matches their vision, and use feedback from user testing to drive iteration as needed.
UI Designers are collaborative by nature and enjoy working with others to develop concepts and ideas. They see new challenges as opportunities to develop their own skills and are keen to keep honing their technical ability and expertise. UI Designers are selfless individuals who never lose sight of who they’re ultimately designing for – our players.
We believe that leveling up our skills is an essential part of the job and offer regular training opportunities and mentorship to all our UI designers.
- A solid background in UI design; you’ve worked on at least one commercial product for a significant period of its development and are comfortable working in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Fluency in current design and typographical trends, with a keen eye for composition, clarity and usability
- A can-do attitude and strong interpersonal skills; you love collaborating with others to craft solutions and can provide constructive feedback when asked
- Solid time management and organisational skills; you can get the job done without close supervision
- Good communication and presentation skills; you’re able to present ideas clearly and confidently both internally and to external partners
- A real passion for UI and clear enthusiasm for games
Bonus Points for:
- Prior game development experience
- Experience with UI prototyping tools such as Adobe XD, Axure, Invision, or similar
- Experience visualising UI animations in AfterEffects or Flash
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.