Lead Production Tester
About Splash Damage
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships amongst our players and our staff by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences. We only team up with the world’s leading partners and have worked with many of gaming’s most beloved universes over the years.
Our studio culture is built around autonomy, friendliness, and constant learning, and we look after our talent with a comprehensive benefits package. The Sunday Times named Splash Damage the UK’s 47th Best Company to Work For in 2018, and we’ve been awarded their Best Companies accreditation four years running. We also believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
We are currently working on numerous exciting titles for PC and consoles, including Gears 5, Gears Tactics, Halo: The Master Chief Collection and a few that haven’t been announced yet. Come join us!
As a lead production tester, you will be responsible for the quality of one of our games in development on multiple platforms. By syncing constantly with your team of embedded testers and working with external QC teams, you will know better than anyone what the game looks like at any moment. And as the champion of the game’s quality, you will define what good looks like with the developers and raise risks to production.
You are familiar with every step of a game’s production and you know what is the best way to handle quality at each of those steps.
Responsibilities at a Glance
- Become the primary point of reference about the content and the status of the AAA game you will work on
- Manage workload and career progression of your team of embedded Production testers
- Drive QC plans with external teams, perform triage, assess priorities and provide reports to production
- Support the team on their daily task to deliver in quality, and on time
- Represent QA in Development Meetings, pushing for risk mitigation where appropriate and ensuring alignment as well as flagging risks to budget or project from development driven change.
- Work with partner teams to ensure deliverables are defined and delivered efficiently.
- Recognise, communicate and mitigate risks to project delivery
- Drive improvement initiatives across the entire development team
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 1 shipped AAA title from inception to shipping within a development studio environment
- Previous experience with TRC’s/Compliance testing
- Good understanding of the bug tracking process and software involved
- Ability to plan and prioritise work within severe time constraints in a high pressure environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow technical instructions
- Team-oriented and professional when dealing with other members of the company
- Flexibility in regard to hours of work
- Must be proactive, flexible, and able to adapt QA process to the critical needs of the development team.
- Be able to mentor and evolve direct reports.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience of working with teams over multiple sites/countries.
- Knowledge of a large panel of QA methodologies: automated, embedded, exploratory, agile, destructive, 3 amigos…
- Post launch support experience
- Experienced gamer, across various platforms (PC and Consoles)
- Good knowledge of PC software and hardware
- Basic knowledge of programming languages
- Computer games technology degree
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We get together regularly for a wide range of social events, enjoying pub quizzes, cinema trips and gaming nights, competing in our plethora of sports and game groups, and letting our hair down at our legendary company parties, karaoke
Find out more on our Studio page.