About Splash Damage
At Splash Damage, we’re dedicated to crafting team-based multiplayer games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork.
Our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and we’re currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
As an UnrealEngine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in UE5 technology and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. Therefore we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio
As Lead Animator at Splash Damage you will be responsible for working with the team to conceive, prototype, and oversee the implementation of exciting gameplay features, manage the animation team and collaborate with the Art and Creative Directors to drive for high and consistent quality across the game.
- Management of an experienced character animation team
- High efficiency using 3D animation software like 3DMax or Maya
- A passion for making and playing multiplayer games, especially first and third person shooters
- Demonstrable ability creating both realistic and stylised animations of humans, creatures and props
- Good working knowledge of game development workflows, engines (eg. Unreal), processes and tools
- Understanding of character pipeline from modelling, rigging and skinning
- Working with programmers, artists and designers to contribute to the implementation of animations into the game
- Testing, reviewing and iterating upon animations to tune them to the highest quality
- Stablish animation quality standards and help its achievement by providing timely feedback to other team members
- Manage the animation team including holding regular 121s, setting objectives, looking after the team’s welfare and providing mentoring
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Have extensive professional experience in the video games industry with at least 3 commercially released titles
- Great communication skills to be able to convey and describe ideas efficiently both verbally and written
- Experience with technical animation – rigging/skinning and problem solving
- Motion Capture, Cinematics and Facial animation experience
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.