Senior Asset / Props Artist
ABOUT SPLASH DAMAGE
We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our studio culture is rooted in our open, friendly, and collaborative environment. Our games are made by people from all over the world, from our entry-level Fresh Talent hires to industry veterans, and we believe that fostering that diverse culture is the best way to build both our games and our studio. We have won numerous awards, including a ‘World-Class’ accreditation by Best Companies and being named one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for.
While our offices are based in Bromley, UK, our people have access to progressive working patterns that give them the flexibility to decide how to do their best work.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Work your way with access to progressive working patterns including hybrid and fully remote
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and our life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process
- 25 days of holiday and 8 Bank Holidays a year, plus our annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
Splash Damage is looking for a hardworking Senior Prop/Asset Artist to assist in helping build great looking environments for an exciting new IP. Working within our multi-discipline art team, you will be making a wide range of hard surface and organic models while collaborating with Outsource partners, Art direction, Tech-Art and Concept Art to ensure assets a visually impressive and are within the performance constraints.
- Work with the Art Leads and fellow artists to create inspiring Hard Surface and Organic 3D Assets while ensuring a consistent art style and physically based parameters is maintained across the game.
- Work closely with other environment artists to ensure the asset needs of the level team are met with highest quality of work, visually and technically.
- Collaborate with Art Leads and departments such as Gameplay and Design to create high quality props and textures that can also be part of an interactable asset.
- Collaborate with external Outsource partners to ensure quality is visually impressive and consistent
- Cooperate with Tech Art on pipeline improvements as well as research new tools and techniques to increase efficiency and quality.
- Maintain quality and consistency across your work and can act as a mentor to less experienced artists.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Strong skills in art software packages such as Maya, ZBrush, Substance and Photoshop.
- Strong knowledge of both Bespoke and Modular asset creation techniques within UE4/UE5 or similar game engines.
- Good understanding of art fundamentals and design (including understanding of composition and colour)
- Good communication skills and ability to receive and act upon feedback
- Being able to adapt quickly to a specific art style with minimum guidance
- Hardworking and have a strong passion to learn and improve as an artist
- Good Technical and Artistic awareness related to optimization, memory constraints, gameplay implications, tiling textures and trims.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Industry experience in a similar role
- Impressive portfolio that shows artist knowledge of World Building, Modelling, Mapping and Texturing
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.