About Splash Damage
Come join us!
At Splash Damage, we’re dedicated to crafting team-based multiplayer games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork.
Our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and we’re currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
As an UnrealEngine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in UE5 technology and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this. We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from.
Therefore we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard. Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio.
UI Programmers at Splash Damage closely work with UI design to turn their vision for the UI into a functional in-game user experience.
Accountable for the implementation of UI features, UI Programmers work with the team in planning and estimating their own work to align with specifications and project milestones. UI programmers can analyse a UI design and identify the individual components required to build a user interface; they interact with other development disciplines to create code architectures that draw from the collective knowledge of the team to implement robust and performant data-driven user interfaces.
Our UI programmers are afforded a high degree of autonomy, we trust that they know best how to complete their work. They enjoy working as part of a team in a friendly and collaborative atmosphere where they have the freedom to build their technical knowledge and relish a technical challenge. UI programmers are always learning, seek to acquire and share knowledge with the wider company and beyond.
We believe that leveling up our skills is an essential part of the job and offer regular training opportunities and mentorship to all our programmers.
- Knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience.
- Practical UI implementation pipeline knowledge; you have worked with UI Design teams to craft creative solutions to technical limitations.
- A can-do attitude and strong interpersonal skills; you love collaborating with others to implement systems.
- Solid time management and organisational skills; you can get the job done without close supervision.
- Good communication and presentation skills; you’re able to present ideas clearly and confidently to audiences of all experience levels.
- A desire to learn and grow within your role.
- A real passion for UI and clear enthusiasm for playing games.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with accommodating player accessibility needs.
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 (UE4) and Unreal Motion Graphics (UMG).
- Multi-platform and console development experience.
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.