About Splash Damage
At Splash Damage, we’re dedicated to crafting team-based multiplayer games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork.
Our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and we’re currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
As an UnrealEngine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in UE5 technology and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. Therefore we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio.
About Product Management at Splash Damage
The Product Management team at Splash Damage help drive the vision of our games from conception through launch and in to Games as a Service. We are focused on the players needs and assist in building and operating games way beyond our players wildest expectations. We are passionate about player data to drive our content roadmaps, in-game events management, game economies, feature development and community management focus to simply make our games better for our players. We understand the needs of our players, our clients and what makes a good game great. We live and breathe games and aren't afraid of making tough decisions for the greater good. We fail fast and often to reach the pinnacle of delivery excellence. Whatever the players and community are calling for, we are there to deliver it to them.
As a core member of our Product Management team, you'll join the effort of forming passionate cross-functional teams in crafting incredible experiences for players. You are on the pulse as the keeper of the content roadmap and responsible for continually developing it based on data and trends. You'll encourage teams to collaborate, push their ideas and suggestions without fear of putting new ideas into players' hands and relish the feedback, good or bad. You'll meet and exceed expectations by helping to conceptualize, deliver, improve, and influence creative product at every stage of the production.
A Production Director defines, owns and steers a products vision, strategy, and business model based on a deep understanding of the market, players, game design and engagement/monetization mechanics.
As Production Director you will partner closely with the Executive Producer, Production and Game teams to concept, define and implement engaging features, content, and systems that are aimed at improving / addressed key metric needs and targets. You will be responsible for managing the content and release roadmap, organizing with the product team and development management teams to ensure the product vision is matched by a world class content roadmap that responds directly to what the players love and want. You will be responsible for both the ongoing critical and commercial success of the game and building a best in class game teams.
If you pull this off in year one, you can expect to gain additional scale to your role and everything that comes with that.
What we would like to see:
- A gamer: you love games, you play games, you take play seriously – it’s why you're in the industry and why you love coming to work every day
- A strategist: your careful planning and dream to produce results makes you an effective leader who can balance and prioritize short-term solutions with the long-term vision and goals; responsible for both the long term commercial and critical success of the game.
- A tactical delegator: you know how to get things done by using your tailored and proven management skills and clinical handling of agile development to allow your team to execute on the goals and craft the best product possible.
- Aspirational leader: you help others empower themselves by fostering an environment of collaboration, accountability, creativity, constructive criticism, recognition and appreciation; you communicate daily with the team to update them on issues, achievements, priorities and goals, and lead from the front.
- A data forge: You are able to collect and articulate performance data with the teams and clients on a regular basis, tailoring to meet each business need and constantly making the game better for the players.
- A cool, passionate head: you know that good leadership is based on clear and aligned communication and trust. You are an ambitious leader that constantly maintains a high standard of openness and trust with every team member and expect the same high level of patience from your team as you do yourself.
- Player focused: you understand what impacts on the player experience because you are a player too. You use your vast knowledge in your strive to improve the overall experience. To you the player comes first and you instil this mindset throughout the team.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.