Head of Community Management (US)
About Splash Damage
We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our studio culture is rooted in our open, friendly, and collaborative environment. Our games are made by people from all over the world, from our entry-level Fresh Talent hires to industry veterans, and we believe that fostering that diverse culture is the best way to build both our games and our studio. We have won numerous awards, including a ‘World-Class’ accreditation by Best Companies and being named one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for.
While our offices are based in Bromley, UK, and Los Angeles, USA, our people have access to progressive working patterns that give them the flexibility to decide how to do their best work.
We are seeking a Head of Community Management for Splash Damage’s publishing group. In this role you will drive the design and implementation of best practices for community management across the portfolio of brands owned by The Splash Damage Group and its partners and affiliated companies.
Reporting to the Head of Global Integrated Communications, this role will be responsible for setting up and managing our first global community structure, and this position is intended to grow into a larger management role with the company as we launch multiple premium and live service games. You will work closely with the other Publishing groups to establish a two-way communication loop that both translates global initiatives into player-centric messaging, and ensures the voice of the player is properly communicated to the larger Publishing team and addressed. You will need to build strong relationships with our internal and external development teams, and integrate your group into the larger global Publishing team to ensure Community establishes an influential position within the group.
- Establish a structure that provides community support on a global basis 24/7
- Develop a relationship of trust with the game development teams
- Build a deep knowledge of our game(s), including features, systems and content
- Develop and aggressively maintain a healthy feedback loop between players and development
- Define the tools, KPIs and goals for the community team and deliver consistent reporting that is useful to both Publishing and Development
- Work with the Research and Player Insights team to analyze and interpret player trends and report them to all stakeholders
- Establish trust with Development and Marketing teams to influence product features and future campaigns to reflect community desires
- Collaborate with development teams to deliver well-received patch notes to the community
- Work with Creative team to contribute to dev diaries, blog posts, video scripts and interviews
- Foster a positive, constructive community tone to ensure players feel heard and appreciated
- Grow the core community by ensuring new players feel welcome and encouraged to contribute
- Act as the voice of the development team on official channels and forums
- Ability to take key messaging from Head of Global Integrated Comms and properly translate it for community consumption
- 5+ years experience developing and growing communities in world-class game publisher(s)
- The maturity to effectively represent the voice of the player to senior Publishing and Development managers in a way that produces value for the community and the company
- Moderate analytical skills to interpret and present insights in a compelling fashion
- Experience in global community management, working with cultural differences and across time zones
- Experience with crisis management and the impact on community
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.