Senior Graphics Programmer
ABOUT SPLASH DAMAGE
We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our studio culture is rooted in our open, friendly, and collaborative environment. Our games are made by people from all over the world, from our entry-level Fresh Talent hires to industry veterans, and we believe that fostering that diverse culture is the best way to build both our games and our studio. We have won numerous awards, including a ‘World-Class’ accreditation by Best Companies and being named one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for.
While our offices are based in Bromley, UK, our people have access to progressive working patterns that give them the flexibility to decide how to do their best work.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Work your way with access to progressive working patterns including hybrid and fully remote
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and our life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process
- 25 days of holiday and 8 Bank Holidays a year, plus our annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
At Splash Damage, we create multiplayer combat games that champion team play and promote lifelong friendships. Systems, Graphics and Online programmers make up our Core Tech team and are responsible for implementing the core systems, pipelines and infrastructure that empower the development team and provide the solid framework for all our titles. We work closely with other disciplines to help them realise their ideas with a focus on delivering value in an iterative, agile environment.
As a Senior Graphics Engineer, you will use your knowledge and experience to own the technical design and implementation of large-scale rendering features. Through mentoring and championing of best practises and company values you will provide day-to-day support for more junior members of the team whilst effectively managing your own time and workload through delegation. You will help drive the project forward by working with your discipline lead to plan and maintain roadmaps and improve processes.
We believe that constantly improving your skills is an essential part of the job and we offer regular leadership, management, and mentoring training programmes.
You excel at:
- Working collaboratively with members of multiple disciplines to iteratively develop features that address and achieve the high-level goals of the game.
- Identifying and championing best practises and processes within your domain
- Employing a can-do attitude to solve difficult problems as part of an agile, fast-moving and highly focused team.
- Writing clear, maintainable, and portable code.
- Monitoring, maintaining, and optimising the performance of the game.
- Communicating ideas, intent, and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Strong practical knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience.
- Practical and demonstrable professional experience with graphics programming in a modern game engine, having worked extensively on rendering techniques, optimisation, memory management, and content pipelines.
- Experience profiling and optimising code for optimal CPU, GPU, memory, and bandwidth usage.
- Experience working in all phases of game development, from feature design and implementation to bug-fixing.
- A strong understanding of state-of-the-art rendering techniques used in modern games.
- A strong interest in researching and implementing new Graphics related technologies.
- Strong computer science and maths background.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to self-organise.
- The people skills to work collaboratively within a team.
Even better if you have:
- Professional development experience with real-time networked multiplayer games.
- Professional Unreal Engine 4 development experience on PC and/or consoles.
- Experience with low-level systems programming.
- Experience with multi-threaded development.
- Experience developing for Xbox Series, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and/or PS4.
- Experience profiling and optimising code for optimal CPU, memory and bandwidth usage.
- Experience developing procedurally generated environments.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.