About Splash Damage
At Splash Damage, we’re dedicated to crafting team-based multiplayer games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork.
Our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and we’re currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
As an UnrealEngine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in UE5 technology and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. Therefore we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio
We are increasing the Tech-Art presence across our projects here at Splash Damage and so we’re looking for a Technical Artist to join the team.
As a Technical Artist at Splash Damage, you will:
- Communicate with all disciplines to resolve issues and improve game quality
- Prototype, develop and improve art pipelines
- Optimise run-time performance of our games
- Assist the programming team with implementing art-related tools and features
- Take part in implementing in-house and outsourced art assets
Essential skills and experience
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Strong proactive problem-solving attitude
- Demonstrable knowledge of modern game content creation workflows using Autodesk 3dsmax and/or Autodesk Maya
- Solid understanding of real-time physically-based materials & rendering (PBR)
- Solid understanding of game engines, where UE3 or UE4 is preferred
- Passion for games and game development
- Digital art skills (modelling, texturing, lighting)
- Some familiarity with rigging and animation
- Knowledge of programming languages such as C++ or C#
- Knowledge of performance profiling and optimisation (CPU and/or GPU)
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.