Lead Production Tester
About Splash Damage
At Splash Damage, we’re dedicated to crafting team-based multiplayer games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork.
Our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and we’re currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
As an UnrealEngine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in UE5 technology and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. Therefore we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio.
As a lead production tester, you will be responsible for the quality of one of our games in development on multiple platforms. By syncing constantly with your team of embedded testers and working with external QC teams, you will know better than anyone what the game looks like at any moment. And as the champion of the game’s quality, you will define what good looks like with the developers and raise risks to production.
You are familiar with every step of a game’s production and you know what is the best way to handle quality at each of those steps.
Responsibilities at a Glance
- Become the primary point of reference about the content and the status of the AAA game you will work on
- Manage workload and career progression of your team of embedded Production testers
- Drive QC plans with external teams, perform triage, assess priorities and provide reports to production
- Support the team on their daily task to deliver in quality, and on time
- Represent QA in Development Meetings, pushing for risk mitigation where appropriate and ensuring alignment as well as flagging risks to budget or project from development driven change.
- Work with partner teams to ensure deliverables are defined and delivered efficiently.
- Recognise, communicate and mitigate risks to project delivery
- Drive improvement initiatives across the entire development team
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 1 shipped AAA title from inception to shipping within a development studio environment
- Previous experience with TRC’s/Compliance testing
- Good understanding of the bug tracking process and software involved
- Ability to plan and prioritise work within severe time constraints in a high pressure environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow technical instructions
- Team-oriented and professional when dealing with other members of the company
- Flexibility in regard to hours of work
- Must be proactive, flexible, and able to adapt QA process to the critical needs of the development team.
- Be able to mentor and evolve direct reports.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience of working with teams over multiple sites/countries.
- Knowledge of a large panel of QA methodologies: automated, embedded, exploratory, agile, destructive, 3 amigos…
- Post launch support experience
- Experienced gamer, across various platforms (PC and Consoles)
- Good knowledge of PC software and hardware
- Basic knowledge of programming languages
- Computer games technology degree
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.