Senior Technical Artist
About Splash Damage
At Splash Damage, we’re dedicated to crafting team-based multiplayer games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork.
Our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and we’re currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
As an UnrealEngine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in UE5 technology and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. Therefore we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio
As a Senior Technical Artist, you will be responsible for helping to lead, plan, prototype and implement solutions for the art team. You will set great examples and help mentor more junior Technical Artists in order to maintain a consistently high standard of support across all disciplines within the studio.
You will represent Splash Damage's art team on all issues related to art production, and work closely with all other teams in assisting with the technical implementation and management of in-house and outsourced assets.
You should have a pragmatic and practical approach to working with technology, with experience working to technical limits and ensuring the art team adheres to these targets. During day-to-day work, you would be handling a diverse range of work including workflow processes, tools, optimization, planning, prototyping, documentation and bug-fixing.
As a Senior Technical Artist, you will:
- Assist with planning and organisation of game and editor features.
- Support the development team technically and artistically.
- Prototype, develop and improve art pipelines.
- Assist the programming team with implementing art-related tools and features.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Great communication and people-management skills.
- Strong problem-solving and can-do attitude.
- Good knowledge of Unreal Engine 4.
- Run-time performance profiling and optimization experience.
- Extensive experience in Autodesk 3dsmax or Autodesk Maya.
- Experience working on AAA PC or console games.
Preferred Skills and Bonus Experience
- Strong digital art skills (modelling, texturing, lighting).
- Vector maths knowledge.
- Experience with performance profiling and optimisation (CPU and/or GPU)
- Experience with programming languages such as C++ or C#
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.