Game Content Tools Engineer
ABOUT SPLASH DAMAGE
We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our studio culture is rooted in our open, friendly, and collaborative environment. Our games are made by people from all over the world, from our entry-level Fresh Talent hires to industry veterans, and we believe that fostering that diverse culture is the best way to build both our games and our studio. We have won numerous awards, including a ‘World-Class’ accreditation by Best Companies and being named one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for.
While our offices are based in Bromley, UK, our people have access to progressive working patterns that give them the flexibility to decide how to do their best work.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Work your way with access to progressive working patterns including hybrid and fully remote
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and our life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process
- 25 days of holiday and 8 Bank Holidays a year, plus our annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
At Splash Damage, we create multiplayer combat games that encourage team play and promote lifelong friendships. Members of the Game Content Tools team are responsible for implementing the tools needed to create better content pipelines that empower the development team and provide the solid framework for our titles.
We work closely with other disciplines to help them realise their ideas with a focus on delivering value in an iterative, agile environment.
As a Game Content Tools Programmer, you will focus on creating, extending, and maintaining a collection of game production tools and pipelines built on top of or within the Unreal Engine as well as DCC tools used by our Content teams such as Houdini. Combining your knowledge of the Unreal Engine code and architecture, asset creation pipelines and modern programming techniques, you will work closely with developers from other departments to gather their requirements and create software solutions that are evolutive, purposeful and user-friendly.
You excel at:
- Interacting with developers from all departments to gather requirements, develop and maintain tools and pipelines
- Breaking down your work into measurable and achievable tasks.
- Writing clear, maintainable, and portable code that is fit for project needs first, with the potential to be reused and shared across the studio.
- Communicating ideas, intent, and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Design well-presented and effective tools with a focus on simplicity, usability and reliability
- Take ownership of specific tools over their entire life cycle, from early design stages to post-release support
- Professional experience with game tools programming to production standard
- Strong practical knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience.
- Strong data design skills
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with Python
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, and optimized code
- Strong problem-solving skills and math background
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, able to work without supervision
- Good verbal and written English skills
Even better if you have:
- Experience with creating tools within Unreal Engine Editor framework and Unreal plugin development
- Experience with developing for industry standard content creation packages (Houdini, 3DStudio, Maya, Photoshop, FBX, …)
- Experience with C# and WPF
- Experience with working with databases
- Experience with Perforce and TeamCity
- Experience with UX and GUI design
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to large new codebases
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.