Principal Lighting Artist
ABOUT SPLASH DAMAGE
We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our studio culture is rooted in our open, friendly, and collaborative environment. Our games are made by people from all over the world, from our entry-level Fresh Talent hires to industry veterans, and we believe that fostering that diverse culture is the best way to build both our games and our studio. We have won numerous awards, including a ‘World-Class’ accreditation by Best Companies and being named one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for.
While our offices are based in Bromley, UK, our people have access to progressive working patterns that give them the flexibility to decide how to do their best work.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Work your way with access to progressive working patterns including hybrid and fully remote
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and our life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process
- 25 days of holiday and 8 Bank Holidays a year, plus our annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
At Splash Damage, our Principal Lighting Artists help us set a high artistic and technical bar that inspires and the team and helps them achieve striking and beautifully lit games, infused with mood and atmosphere. They have a strong craft and technical understanding and a ability capture different image styles and stories.Working closely alongside both our Art Directors and Lead Artists you will bring creative passion and technical skills help drive the quality of our current and upcoming titles.
- Bring the Art Directions vision and Aesthetics to life with excellent fidelity.
- Help building and maintaining a Lighting Pipeline that is scalable and that can provide excellent results.
- Ensuring the visuals of the game deliver a great game experience and readability.
- Collaborate with other sub-disciplines including Environment Art, Level Design, VFX, Cinematics and Tech Art.
- Maintain excellent quality, efficiency and consistency across your work and mentor other artists to elevated the team expertise.
- Strong understanding of art principles including tone, composition and colour theory.
- Great technical understanding of Real Time Lighting.
- Good understanding of Physically Based Rendering and HDR pipelines.
- Good mentorship and empathetic people management capability.
- Mastery over the baked and dynamic lighting solutions in Unreal.
Bonus Points for:
- Good understanding of Blueprints or other tools.
- Experience shipping titles on the Unreal Engine.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we'd love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.