Senior Production Director
ABOUT SPLASH DAMAGE
We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our studio culture is rooted in our open, friendly, and collaborative environment. Our games are made by people from all over the world, from our entry-level Fresh Talent hires to industry veterans, and we believe that fostering that diverse culture is the best way to build both our games and our studio. We have won numerous awards, including a ‘World-Class’ accreditation by Best Companies and being named one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for.
Our offices are based in Bromley, UK.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and our life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process
- 20 days of holiday and 8 Bank Holidays a year, plus our annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
All of our development teams at Splash Damage have three core pillars of development; the product vision and creative drive, the player and market-focused direction that ensures the vision becomes a successful product, and the delivery and execution of those ideas to ensure we work within time and budgetary constraints. Creative Direction is the “What would we like to make” part of the team, and this is balanced by Development Direction’s “What can we make”, with Production Direction being the “What should we make” third part.
We view the distinct production roles as two halves of a single coin – our Development Director/Development Manager roles are the primary holders of all the quantifiable, calculable data around a project and are the holders of execution and delivery, while our Production Director/Producer roles deal more with the product-facing responsibilities, ensuring that we deliver a high quality and consumer-appropriate game to the market. Both need experience, knowledge and awareness of each of these disciplines, but they are directly responsible for their own areas.
The Production team at Splash Damage help drive the vision of our games from conception to launch and beyond, by putting the playable experience first, and ensuring that every development step, and each milestone that moves us towards the next key gate, ensures that we continue to keep a solid focus on the player’s expectations and needs for the genre. Keeping abreast of market trends, genre shifts and development and ensure that our products push boundaries of innovation and bar-raising content, feature and visuals.
A Senior Production Director reports directly to the Executive Producer on their team, works alongside the Creative Director and Senior Development Director to define and deliver the game, and is responsible for balancing the game vision, strategy, and business model. They will have a deep understanding of the market, players, game features and engagement/monetization mechanics.
They will champion the player and market needs at every step, from concept to ship, help identify and define engaging features, content and systems that are aimed at delivering on key metric needs and targets. They will own and manage the content and release roadmap, working with the creative teams and development management teams to ensure the product vision is matched by a world class content roadmap that delivers what the players love and want. They will be responsible for both the ongoing critical and commercial success of the game, while building a best in class development teams that will grow and improve the studio as a whole.
What we would like to see:
- A gamer: you love games, you play games across multiple genres, you take play seriously – it’s why you're in the industry and why you love coming to work every day
- A strategist: your careful planning and passion for building an outstanding product makes you an effective leader who can balance and prioritize short-term solutions with the long-term vision and goals.
- A tactical delegator: you know how to get things done by using your tailored and proven management skills and clinical handling of agile development. Feature and content first development means you are always building on, and evaluating, the product from a playable experience.
- Aspirational leader: you empower your team by fostering an environment of collaboration, accountability, creativity, constructive criticism, recognition and appreciation. You communicate daily with the team to update them on issues, celebrate achievements, and set priorities and goals – you will always lead from the front.
- A data forge: You are able to collect and articulate performance data with the teams and clients on a regular basis, tailoring these to meet each business need and constantly making the game better for the players.
- A cool yet passionate head: you know that good leadership is based on clear and aligned communication and trust. You constantly maintain a high standard of openness and trust with every team member and expect the same high level of patience from your team as you do yourself.
- Player focused: You understand what impacts the player experience because this is a game that you want to play. You use your vast knowledge of gaming to improve the overall player experience. To you the player comes first and you instil this mindset throughout the team.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.