Sales Director, Strategic Trailer
This is Us:
- We have a bold vision to connect 25 million vehicles by 2025
- Our Core Values - Our customers come first. We lead through innovation. We win as one. We act with integrity.
- We adhere to our brand promise – to make the complex simple, the future predictable, and our customers successful.
With nearly 4 million connected vehicles today, Spireon is an exciting player in the growing Connected Car and Internet of Things (IoT) technology categories. We help people and businesses track and protect their most important assets with vehicle intelligence solutions that gather Big Data and provide the critical insights with easy-to-use dashboards and apps.
The Spireon FleetLocate trailer management solution is built on a platform of unprecedented hardware reliability, high-touch customer account management, ongoing technology innovation and most importantly, the value of actionable business intelligence. All of which we uniquely deliver to enhance our customers’ trailer fleet operations and bottom-line financial success.
This is You:
We are seeking a Sales Director for our Enterprise Trailer Division.
As a Sales Director you will act as a liaison between Spireon and our prospects and clients, ensuring customer acquisition and satisfaction. You should showcase excellent communication, negotiation skills and will act proactively to address customers’ needs and facilitate the sale process from beginning to the end.
You'll be primarily responsible for all sales activities offered by Spireon from lead generation through close and transition into implementation. Manage all opportunities within account-based territory. This will be accomplished by utilizing excellent, in-depth knowledge of company products and programs within a team selling environment for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company vision, values and to ensure all sales agreements or proposed agreements conform to company rates, rules, and regulations by performing the following duties.
- Meet or exceed your assigned quota.
- Rapidly respond to leads from the company’s inbound marketing efforts, lead development and channel partners referrals.
- Directly manage the prospect sales engagement, driving the sales process from lead to close
- Proactively generate new business from the Company’s database of identified target buyers
- Successfully execute Spireon’s Sales Process and Methodology of Engagement to achieve sales quota and company’s market-share objectives.
- Document sales interactions with prospects and customers through SalesForce.com
- Prepare and implement a Sales Plans to identify specific targets to drive adoption of Spireon’s solutions.
- Prepare presentations, proposals and sales contracts.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge relating to current products and features.
- Effective Demonstrate those features related to the prospect’s pains to help them achieve their goals and objectives.
- Maintain and report regularly the status of your pipeline and forecast.
- Communicate potential new requirements to product marketing and sales management.
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and webinar as needed
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of sales experience, preferably in cloud software sales
- Moderate travel (up to 40%), including overnight stays is required of this position
- Preferred experience with trailer telematics, transportation management systems and/or other related transportation, logistics technology solution
- Consistent track record of sales results, quota attainment and raising the level of performance of those around you.
- Organizational skills to manage multiple sales cycles ranging in 4 to 12 months where the average total contract value is typically in the range from $350K to $2.5M.
- Ability to interact with a prospect’s decision makers to discuss and match key requirements with software capabilities.
- Self-motivated with a firm understanding of consultative selling processes.
- Proficient at conducting “C Level” presentations and key client meetings - Experience selling to senior level executives
- Ability to work collaboratively with prospects and team members to develop strong business case and ROI “Cost Justification” presentations along with responses to RFI’s or RFP’s
- Utilizing technology to interface with prospects and co-workers including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Zoom.com, LinkedIn, SalesForce, SalesDirector.ai, ect.
- Preference for those candidates with SaaS or Enterprise IT Systems selling experience into the following industry segments: Transportation, Logistics, or Distribution
- With minimal supervision, demonstrate the ability to solve practical problems, interpret, resolving problems and issues using a variety of instructions or guides furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with other members of the sales, marketing and product team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- 2018 Golden Bridge Award for IoT Platform of the Year
- 2017 and 2018 Stevie Award for Sales and Customer Service Excellence
- Competitive Compensation and Rewards Package
- Work with the Best and Brightest Talent
- Stable, High Growth and Profitable Company
- Comprehensive Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Plan)
- Culture of Ongoing Learning, Training, and Development
- Wellness program