QA Automation- Engineer
This is Us:
- We have a bold vision to connect 25 million vehicles by 2025
- Our customers come first. We lead through innovation. We win as one. We act with integrity.
- We adhere to our brand promise – to make the complex simple, the future predictable, and our customers successful.
With nearly 4 million connected vehicles today, Spireon is an exciting player in the growing Connected Car and Internet of Things (IoT) technology categories. We help people and businesses track and protect their most important assets with vehicle intelligence solutions that gather Big Data and provide the critical insights with easy-to-use dashboards and apps.
This is You:
Do you want to shape the future of Big Data and the Internet of Things? Do you want to build, create, and dream up cutting-edge solutions? If you eat, breathe, sleep and exist for technology – and wear your smarts like a badge of honor, join our team of like-minded individuals and let’s do this. You’ll have plenty of challenges and opportunities to take on. There’s never a dull moment around here.
- Apply best software engineering and coding fundamentals to develop intuitive solutions to engineering challenges
- Evaluate/Review application code and contribute to improvements in form of code reviews and automated unit/integration/acceptance tests
- Innovate complex problems to determine the best solution over multiple product lines
- Understand application features and contribute towards system/application design and development
- Integrate with application development teams to support them with writing code/tests and promote best practices
- Write unit tests and automated integration/acceptance tests
- Champion test driven development promote other test engineering related best practices
- Understand and work with complex multi-tier applications and ensure integration contracts are being met
- Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent skills and knowledge
- 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering roles or related fields
- Black box and grey box design and testing techniques
- Strong coding skills, proficient in at least one object-oriented programming or scripting language (e. g. Java, Python, Ruby)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, source control, build and release processes, containerization technologies, and competency with test suite development and maintenance
- Experience with one or more continuous integration tools (e. g. Jenkins), version control systems (e. g. Git) is preferred
- Knowledge of Automation & Functional Test Tools (e. g. TestNG, pytest), RDBMS (e. g. MySQL, Oracle), NoSQL (e. g. MongoDB), Web Services (e. g. REST, JSON, XML)
- Experience with Selenium with Java
- Test plan and case authoring, and Application of diverse QA models, processes, practices
- Working knowledge of agile/iterative practices
- Competency with test case automation frameworks
- Ability to communicate complex data patterns and solutions through graphical display.
- Experience with database infrastructure and architecture (i.e., clustering, failover, high availability, monitoring, etc.)
- Domain knowledge of Telematics industry a plus