Embedded / Machine Learning Engineer
This is Us:
- We have a bold vision to connect 25 million vehicles by 2025.
- Our customers come first. We lead through innovation. We win as one. We act with integrity.
- We adhere to our brand promise – to make the complex simple, the future predictable, and our customers successful.
With nearly 3.5 million connected vehicles today, Spireon is an exciting player in the growing Connected Car and Internet of Things (IoT) technology categories. We help people and businesses track and protect their most important assets with vehicle intelligence solutions that gather Big Data and provide the critical insights with easy-to-use dashboards and apps.
This is You:
We are looking for a versatile, all-rounder with a background and interest in Embedded Systems, Machine Learning and Data Engineering to help design and build Convolutional Neural Networks for Smart Sensors, help design, debug and troubleshoot firmware for automotive IOT devices and help out with data engineering tasks, like data workflow, gathering and analysis. Spireon develops computer vision based smart sensors to detect environment and reports for the transportation sector. In this versatile role, you will participate in all aspects of the project end to end from machine learning to data engineering and embedded systems development.. You must be able to work across multiple teams to ensure project objectives are met.
- Embedded Systems
- Device firmware troubleshooting and design.
- Working with hardware vendors to identify solutions
- Define technical requirements and validate vendor implementation for new features
- Maintain and enhance in-house developed firmware
- Data Engineering
- Work alongside machine learning engineers for building duplicatable and high scale ML data pipelines
- Design database management solutions running in parallel
- Build highly secured, scalable and reliable ETLs
- Assist in deployment and monitoring of Spireon's Machine Learning Models
- Collect data and analyze real world data and metrics
- Machine Learning
- Design and develop algorithms for challenging vision classification and detections problems
- Research and develop statistical learning models for data analysis
- Implementation of Computer Vision and ML algorithms
- Prototyping ML algorithms
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering departments to understand company needs and devise possible solutions
- Keep up to date with latest technology trends
- Communicate results and ideas to key decision makers
- Overall understanding and experience with Embedded Systems.
- Overall understanding of AI training and inference techniques
- A solid foundation of general machine learning systems
- An understanding of Convolutional Neural Networks Classification, Object Detection, Segmentation.
- Understanding of embedded systems running on memory constrained, solar and battery powered devices.
- Strong proficiency reading/writing code (Data structures and algorithms)
- Experience in Computer vision, image processing.
- Programming / scripting experience with languages such as Python
- Experience working with machine learning frameworks and libraries (TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, scikit-learn)
- Programming language experience with C / C++
- Experience with OpenCV, AWS Sagemaker and AWS S3
- AWS Cloud Services
- C / C++
- SQL, MySQL, Snowflake
- Microcontrollers, SOMs, MCUs
- Linux OS / RTOS
- Database / ML skills