Sr. Data Engineer
This is Us:
We have a bold vision to connect 25 million vehicles by 2025.
- We love what we do. We do what is right. We are always reaching.
- We adhere to our brand promise – to make the complex simple, the future predictable, and our customers successful.
With more than 4 million connected vehicles today, Spireon is an exciting player in the growing Connected Car and Internet of Things (IoT) technology categories. We help people and businesses track and protect their most important assets with vehicle intelligence solutions that gather Big Data and provide critical insights with easy-to-use dashboards and apps.
This is You:
Spireon is seeking a Senior Data Engineer to assist in data integration, data processing, data quality, and data reporting development to meet the strategic and operational needs of the organization.
You reflect Spireon’s Core Values:
Adaptable/Resilient – You easily adapt to change, take on new responsibilities, embrace challenges and thrive in ambiguity.
Customer’s Guide – You build client confidence, start with the customer in mind first, and ensure commitments are met.
Go Higher - You are not happy with the status quo, like to push the envelope and engage in stretch projects.
Team Player - You are a collaborator, invite feedback from colleagues, and naturally do the right thing for the team.
- Work with the data team and software developers to maintain data pipelines, Snowflake Data Platform, CI/CD (schema and data pipeline life cycle)
- Develop streaming and batch ML pipelines to augment and enhance data.
- Work with the data team in the data preparation, data quality, reporting, and analytic tasks required to meet business needs and requirements.
- Use advanced visualization software such as Looker (Tableau or PowerBI) to create meaningful graphical representations of data and tell compelling stories with reports.
- Assist in the design of dashboard representation of various data, clearly showing data-driven cut-offs and threshold criteria.
- Implement testing strategies to ensure consistency between data collection sources, data warehouse database, reports, and interfaces.
- Identify the root cause of data integrity issues and implement corrective action through strong partnerships with the development team and database administrators.
- Provide sophisticated analysis and output in the form of reports and data tables to meet operational needs.
- Work with multiple, large datasets (primarily Snowflake, MySQL, ElasticSearch, Mongo, S3) as needed to drive analytic, graphical, and reporting solutions.
- Maintain database and reporting documentation.
- Continuously assess reporting efficiency and effectiveness and areas of improvement.
- Additional and/or alternative data-oriented duties as assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer or Data Science, Statistics, or Mathematics related field.
- 5 plus years hands-on data analysis or research experience, which includes working with advanced visualization software. Knowledge of Looker or Tableau highly desirable.
- Understanding of database structures and strong Analytical SQL skills a must.
- Strong database knowledge of Snowflake or similar cloud DW (Azure DW, BigQuery, Redshift, etc.)
- Experience with unstructured data and NoSQL desired.
- Experience with ETL tools and services such as ETLWorks, FiveTran, etc. DBT is a plus.
- Experience with streaming frameworks such as Kafka (Streaming & Connect), Flink is a plus.
- Ability to communicate complex data patterns and solutions through a graphical display.
- Comfortable with the ambiguity inherent in large, complex datasets, and possess the skills to generate multiple effective solutions.
- Ability to generate creative solutions to existing data analysis and data reporting problems.
- Proficiency in using analytic software, specific experience using Tableau highly desirable.
- Must be able to conceptualize and perform data analysis as well as have experience in generating custom reports, knowledge of Excel necessary.
- Experience with cloud storage solutions (AWS S3, Azure blob, etc.) a big plus
- Experience with database infrastructure and architecture (i.e., clustering, failover, high availability, monitoring, etc.)
- Domain knowledge of the Telematics industry a plus
- Award Winning Products and Customer Service
- Work with the Best and Brightest Talent
- Leader in Aftermarket Telematics and Vehicle Intelligence Solutions
- Comprehensive Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Plan)
- Flexible Schedule and Work Life Balance
- Culture of Ongoing Learning and Development
- Wellness Programs, Virtual Happy Hours and Team Building Events
- Employee Discounts on Spireon Products and Services