Associate Principal Software Engineer
This is Us:
- We have a bold vision to connect 25 million vehicles by 2025
- Our customers come first. We lead through innovation. We win as one. We act with integrity.
- We adhere to our brand promise – to make the complex simple, the future predictable, and our customers successful.
With nearly 4 million connected vehicles today, Spireon is an exciting player in the growing Connected Car and Internet of Things (IoT) technology categories. We help people and businesses track and protect their most important assets with vehicle intelligence solutions that gather Big Data and provide the critical insights with easy-to-use dashboards and apps.
This is You:
Do you want to shape the future of Big Data and the Internet of Things? Do you want to build, create, and dream up cutting-edge solutions? If you eat, breathe, sleep and exist for technology – and wear your smarts like a badge of honor, join our team of like-minded individuals and let’s do this. You’ll have plenty of challenges and opportunities to take on. There’s never a dull moment around here.
This is You:
Spireon is looking for a hands-on Principal Software Engineer to help us design and build the next generation IoT platform and solutions. You will enable massive scale, self-managing cloud IoT applications that can be operated in the cloud, enable secure interconnection for millions of devices to and from the cloud, and develop distributed systems capable of scaling to millions of transactions per second at sub-second latencies.
You will be a technical leader with initiative, excellent problem solving, design, coding, and debugging skills to help us deliver large scale projects. This is an excellent opportunity to challenge yourself, grow your career and influence the next generation of distributed systems platform for Spireon.
- Build scalable distributed systems and services for running tens of millions of devices connected to IoT platform, integrating streaming analysis and machine learning at per second reporting rate
- Build Applications on top of device telemetry and metadata
- Create architecture and technical design documents to communicate solutions that will be implemented by the development team
- Work with development, infrastructure, test, and production support teams to ensure proper implementation of solutions
- Work with other engineering leaders to ensure that designs meet both tactical and strategic technology needs.
- Help engineering, and cross-functional leaders drive change in the organization: process improvements, best practices, and leveraging metrics to ensure effectiveness.
- Propose technical approaches to implementing solutions within the scope of customer requirements
- Lead by influence, and mentor other engineers
- Build tools and capabilities to facilitate application lifecycle operations like upgrades with no downtime, rollback, operational data collection, real-time monitoring, self-healing, and repair
- Bachelors’ and preferably Masters’ Degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of Software design and Development, Design Patterns, Object oriented design, layered architectures, distributed systems and Micro-services architecture including SaaS at scale
- In-depth understanding of API design and implementation
- 3+ years’ experience with Cloud technologies (AWS preferably), data streaming (Spark, Flink, Kafka streams, storm, etc.). Well versed in Kafka
- Understanding cloud native technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes, capable to cover full development lifecycle including CI/CD
- Experience with IoT technologies
- Experience with Data stores such as MongoDB, Aurora, RDS, Containers, and Cloud-native technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Consul, etc
- Domain driven design, experience designing and building technology used by developers
- Voted IoT Vehicle Telematics Company of the Year and winner of Golden Bridge Award for Excellence in Customer Service
- Work with the Best and Brightest Talent
- Stable, High Growth and Profitable Company