Senior Product Manager
This is Us:
With nearly 4 million connected vehicles today, Spireon is an exciting player in the growing Connected Car and Internet of Things (IoT) technology categories. We help people and businesses track and protect their most important assets with vehicle intelligence solutions that gather Big Data and provide the critical insights with easy-to-use dashboards and apps.
This is You:
As a connected car Sr Product Manager, you’ll work on Spireon’s Automotive team focused on developing solutions that address the needs of our automotive dealer customers. You will be a member of a collaborative team of product managers defining and prioritizing feature sets while building the business cases that highlight their financial impacts.
Our products enable automotive dealers to connect, sell, and retain customers through an all-in-one lot management, consumer vehicle management and service retention tool. Our solution hits the sweet spot of today’s car dealer needs by reducing risk, driving sales process efficiency, CSI, F&I profit and service & sales retention.
As a member of the PM team, you will challenge the status quo seeking opportunities that improve our competitive edge and open up new markets. This role is both challenging and rewarding as you will play a major role in the strategic growth of the business.
- Write epics and detailed stories that define and scope new product features and/or enhancements
- Engage with executives, managers, and other dealer personnel within the vehicle retail and fixed ops markets to uncover unmet needs and opportunities to expand our products and grow the business
- Work directly with all stakeholders within the company including sales, engineering, finance, and operations as well as external partners to drive initiatives from concept through to launch
- Monitor product business performance, assess business risk, and develop mitigation plans and recommendations.
- Provide engineering with the appropriate level of detailed requirements and context to assist in solution design and provide guidance for trade-off analysis
- Communicate effectively up and down the organization on key initiatives to ensure coordination by all relevant stakeholders
- 3+ years experience as a product manager
- Ability to effectively communicate and persuade at both a business case and technical solution level
- Demonstrated success defining and launching products achieving their business goals
- Experience in automotive retail with established software providers is highly desired including PM experience with DMS, CRM, automotive digital marketing, or fixed-ops solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree
- Technical background a plus with experience in communications hardware and software. Experience with GPS and cellular hardware is a plus
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Must be able to travel 25% of the time