Software Development Engineer in Test
Spireon is seeking a talented Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) for our award-winning NSpire M2M Intelligence Platform, supporting a range of cross-vertical markets. We are looking for a smart, motivated team player that is passionate about delivering on quality, testing, and learning new technology.
The SDET will be responsible for improving the quality of a broad range of customer facing applications. You will have a chance to make a significant impact on our processes and infrastructure. You will engage in design and conduct code reviews, complete automated test packages and contribute to the overall tools and infrastructure.
- Apply best software engineering and coding fundamentals to develop intuitive solutions to engineering challenges
- Understand application features and contribute towards system/application design and development
- Work closely with software engineers/developers and provide design/code review feedback
- Integrate with application development teams to support them with writing code/tests and promote best practices
- Write unit tests and automated integration/acceptance tests
- Champion test driven development promote other test engineering related best practices
- Understand and work with complex multi-tier applications and ensure integration contracts are being met
- Evaluate and learn new technologies
- Provide guidance and mentorship to software/test engineers
- Observes and identifies challenges to the effectiveness of internal processes, tools and systems, recommending changes, as appropriate.
- Defines and uses metrics to assess deliverables and software releases.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent skills and knowledge
- 5 years of progressive experience in Software Engineering roles or related fields
- Strong coding skills, proficient in at least one object-oriented programming or scripting language (e.g. Java, Python, Ruby)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including code reviews, source control, build and release processes, containerization technologies, and test suite development and maintenance
- Experience with one or more continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins), version control systems (e.g. Git)
- Black box and grey box design and testing techniques
- Knowledge of Automation & Functional Test Tools (e.g. TestNG, pytest), RDBMS (e.g. MySQL, Oracle), NoSQL (e.g. MongoDB), Web Services (e.g. REST, JSON, XML)
- Application of diverse QA models, processes, practices
- Working knowledge of agile/iterative practices
- Proficiency with test case automation frameworks
- Voted 2018 Vehicle Telematics Company of the Year
- Work with the Best and Brightest Talent
- Stable, High Growth and Profitable Company
- Comprehensive Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Plan)
- Flexible Schedule and Work Life Balance
- Onsite Gym, Wellness Programs, Learning and Development Opportunities
- Happy Hours, Local Food Trucks, Fun Team Building Events
- Employee Discounts on Spireon Products and Services
- Spireon Connections and Spireon University for ongoing learning and development