Hardware Applications Engineer
This is Us:
- We have a bold vision to connect 25 million vehicles by 2025.
- Our customers come first. We lead through innovation. We win as one. We act with integrity.
- We adhere to our brand promise – to make the complex simple, the future predictable, and our customers successful.
With nearly 4 million connected vehicles today, Spireon is an exciting player in the growing Connected Car and Internet of Things (IoT) technology categories. We help people and businesses track and protect their most important assets with vehicle intelligence solutions that gather Big Data and provide the critical insights with easy-to-use dashboards and apps.
This is You:
We are looking for a Device Engineer to support our Automotive and Transportation product lines at our warehouse facility in Irving,TX. You must be able to work across multiple teams to ensure project objectives are met.
- Support device readiness in alignment with Device Engineering team needs, Product Management and Operations.
- May require Black Box (M2M) Device scripting, testing and troubleshooting.
- Perform device failure analysis for RMA and warehouse provisioning failures as required and communicate issues to vendors, team members and stakeholders.
- Execute manual and automated test cases for validation of new FW releases and script updates as required.
- Testing - Ensure data / feature accuracy from device through communications platform
- Customer Service Support – high value / high profile customer resolution and support.
- Perform 1st article product inspections / validation on new products to ensure it meets documented requirements.
- Interact with vendors regarding technical issues uncovered from RMAs or device provisioning; provide support as necessary for investigation.
- Investigate issues reported by production personnel related to device provisioning and workstations support.
- Triage RMAs and device provisioning failures by providing recommendations on corrective actions.
- Support and monitor Alpha and Beta project phases to help improve workflows to ensure high quality products deployments.
- Assist with prepping, updating and shipping products that will be used during Alpha / Beta testing.
- Create, Modify and Provide Input on support tools used by the factory.
- Device maintenance (Hardware versions, firmware and configuration).
- Able to travel on a short notice as necessary.