Hardware Device Engineer
This is Us:
- We have a bold vision to connect 25 million vehicles by 2025.
- Our customers come first. We lead through innovation. We win as one. We act with integrity.
- We adhere to our brand promise – to make the complex simple, the future predictable, and our customers successful.
With nearly 4 million connected vehicles today, Spireon is an exciting player in the growing Connected Car and Internet of Things (IoT) technology categories. We help people and businesses track and protect their most important assets with vehicle intelligence solutions that gather Big Data and provide the critical insights with easy-to-use dashboards and apps.
This is You:We are looking for a Device Engineer to support our Automotive and Transportation product lines. You must be able to work across multiple teams to ensure project objectives are met.
- Manages and executes new device readiness in alignment with Product Management and Operations.
- Manages the device functionality and performance for the life of the product from launch to end of life.
- Black Box (M2M) Device scripting/programming to meet product manager and product owner requirements - one or more of the following:
- Basic PEG (CalAmp) modifications, Atel, QuecLink, Xirgo and other vendors
- Convert requirements and specifications into written test plans, test cases, and configuration scripts for new and existing devices.
- Execute manual and automated test cases for validation of new FW releases and script updates.
- Testing - Ensure data / feature accuracy from device through communications platform
- Field Support – high value / high profile customer resolution and support.
- Device validation (Hardware, Firmware, and App) of new and prospective products.
- Hardware, binary FW, application FW to meet MRD/PRD.
- Interact with device vendors on technical issues uncovered in lab testing, provide support as necessary for investigation.
- Triage production observations through lab and/or field reproduction, validation and provide recommendations to management on the resolution.
- Participate in Agile process and work with Scrum Masters with backlog grooming and story sizing for future sprints. Log work on assigned stories.
- Manage and oversee customer and device migrations - Migrations from legacy systems to new production systems.
- Create, Modify and Provide Input on support tools.
- Device maintenance (Hardware versions, firmware and configuration).
- Able to travel on a short notice as necessary.
- Knowledge with testing GPS, GSM, CDMA/EvDO and LTE technologies.
- Experienced with Agile processes and Jira.
- Working-level knowledge of wireless technology
- IT infrastructures, and the aptitude to advance to expert level.
- Ability to effectively document and report issues discovered during test and validation activities.
- Detailed knowledge of electronic assemblies. High degree of cross functional cooperation & coordination
- Desired to have recent wireless communications experience
- Incumbents will generally have 5-7 years of testing experience of which at least 2 years of directly related experience in automotive, with hardware testing and vendor relationship management experience.
- knowledge of experience testing GPS trackers (e.g. Xirgo, Calamp, Montage or similar) is a major plus
- Winner IoT Innovator Awards & Stevie Award for Customer Excellence
- Work with the Best and Brightest Technical Talent
- Stable, High Growth and Profitable Company
- Comprehensive Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Plan)
- Wellness, Professional Development and Spireon University
- Virtual Happy Hours, Team Building Events, Hackathons
- Employee Discounts on Spireon Products and Services