Senior Solutions Engineer, End to End
This is Us:
- We have a bold vision to connect 25 million vehicles by 2025.
- Our customers come first. We lead through innovation. We win as one. We act with integrity.
- We adhere to our brand promise – to make the complex simple, the future predictable, and our customers successful.
With nearly 4 million connected vehicles today, Spireon is an exciting player in the growing Connected Car and Internet of Things (IoT) technology categories. We help people and businesses track and protect their most important assets with vehicle intelligence solutions that gather Big Data and provide the critical insights with easy-to-use dashboards and apps.
This is You:
This will be the go-to individual for service & technology integration for our Products organization. They will work closely with our software, hardware and DevOps engineering teams to analyze and diagnose complex systems and network problems, and recommend solutions. This role is a key position in the Technology group that is responsible for the end-to-end technology and service integration of Products & Services across all Go To Market teams, ensuring synergy in our overall delivery and operating model by working closely with peers within Software and Hardware Technology delivery teams.
- The role is a key integration position responsible for the Technology service implementation of IOT Products & Services within AWS environments
- Role will focus on working on complex issues identifying, diagnosing and recommending engineering solutions
- This role is pivotal in bringing together E2E products and services at the integration activity level, including drawing in Platform, IOT hardware, Application, Mobile & Technology groups such that we build a compelling and differentiated service across the entire customer journey, not just the core product functionality, with built-in quality, robustness and operational excellence instrumentation and system level design.
- Collaborate closely with product, development and Ops team to ensure that the designed solution responds to non-functional requirements such as availability, performance, cost, security, maintainability and achieve speed to market and quality to Engineering departments.
- Perform site reliability tasks such as creating measurable experiences
- Support technical solution delivery to field trials.
- Investigate issues, triage and coordinates resolution of issues and defects within technology and with external vendors
- Where necessary, engages in hands-on support for project activities + Support Service transition and QA Team on investigation of high severity issues.
- Specifying, testing, verifying and coordinating third party hardware
- Evangelize engineering best practices to flush-out idiosyncrasies by merging organizational requirements into a single verifiable and testable solution
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field preferred, not required
- Experience with debugging distributive systems including partner and hardware solutions
- Analytical background, in the areas of user experience, data integrity and SLA.
- Troubleshooting production workloads experience using technologies such as log aggregation systems and APM tooling
- Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL technologies such as MySQL, and MongoDB, Elastic Search
- Java technologies, ideally with Spring/Hibernate experience
- Hands-on experience designing and developing web services (e.g. REST, SOAP, JSON, XML)
- Strong knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, test, build and release engineering processes with focus on automation and end to end traceability.
- Knowledge of test automation frameworks
- Experience working with data streaming technologies is a plus
- Working knowledge of the containers using Docker or Kubernetes is a plus
- Award Winning Products and Customer Service
- Work with the Best and Brightest Talent
- Leader in Aftermarket Telematics and Vehicle Intelligence Solutions
- Comprehensive Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Plan)
- Flexible Schedule and Work Life Balance
- Culture of Ongoing Learning and Development
- Wellness Programs, Virtual Happy Hours and Team Building Events
- Employee Discounts on Spireon Products and Services