Business Development Director- Platform as a Service
This is Us:
- We have a bold vision to connect 25 million assets by 2025
- We love what we do. We do what is right. We are always reaching.
- We adhere to our brand promise – to make the complex simple, the future predictable, and our customers successful.
With nearly 4 million connected vehicles today, Spireon is an exciting player in the growing Connected Vehicle and Internet of Things (IoT) technology categories. We help people and businesses track and protect their most important assets with asset intelligence solutions that gather Big Data and provide critical insights with easy-to-use dashboards and apps. Our vision is to expand the use of our industry leading IoT platform into new applications and partnerships to track and manage millions of moving IoT assets in emerging segments such as warehousing & logistics, connected healthcare, smart agriculture and more.
This is You:
As the lead Business Development professional for Spireon’s new Platform-as-a-Service offering, you’ll drive new business growth throughout the United States for this strategic new initiative. The Business Development Director will be responsible for identifying and qualifying high-potential prospective customers, partners and industry segments, evangelizing the solution and value proposition, building customer relationships, and competing for new business opportunities. Your time and energy will be focused on signing new customers and partners, generating revenue and growing our presence in the fast growing market for managing mobile IoT assets.
Reporting to the Vice President of Product Management for Platform, you will be an essential part of a dedicated new product team focused on meeting and exceeding customer-adoption and revenue goals. This is an extremely challenging and rewarding role as you will be the driving force behind Spireon’s success and growth in this strategic new business initiative. You will be eligible to receive incentive compensation based on achieving performance goals that result in new business contracts.
- Identify and qualify high-potential market segments, prospective customers, and prospective partners for Spireon’s Platform-as-a-Service offering by evaluating various business factors including need, solution fit and strength of value proposition.
- Lead capture efforts that effectively advance and close new business opportunities through a systematic deal process.
- Lead the development and submission of winning proposals and securing contracts by closely collaborating with internal senior executives, subject matter experts, and contracts teams.
- Build and foster relationships with prospective customers and industry partners throughout the United States to advance awareness of Spireon Platform-as-a-Service, seed potential future opportunities and gain better understanding into product and business requirements.
- Successfully manage relationships with acquired customers throughout all phases of their lifecycle including initial application development, launch, and ongoing support.
- Develop customer and partner accounts to foster ongoing revenue growth
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of Business Development and/or Strategic Alliance experience in the technology industry
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading new business capture efforts involving strategic partnerships in the technology industry valued at >$1M
- Successful record of competing for and winning technology contracts valued at or >$1M
- Experience writing and submitting proposals for complex high-value technology contracts
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation communication skills. Must be able to communicate with managers, customers and industry stakeholders at all levels.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite including MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
- Proven ability to work remotely, managing individual workload, priorities and schedule with little supervision.