Senior Site Reliability Engineer
This is Us:
- We have a bold vision to connect 25 million vehicles by 2025.
- Our customers come first. We lead through innovation. We win as one. We act with integrity.
- We adhere to our brand promise – to make the complex simple, the future predictable, and our customers successful.
With nearly 4 million connected vehicles today, Spireon is an exciting player in the growing Connected Car and Internet of Things (IoT) technology categories. We help people and businesses track and protect their most important assets with vehicle intelligence solutions that gather Big Data and provide the critical insights with easy-to-use dashboards and apps.
This is You:
This will be the go-to individual for service & technology integration for our Products organization. They will work closely with our software, hardware, and DevOps engineering teams to analyze and diagnose complex systems and network problems and recommend solutions. This role is a key position in the Technology group that is responsible for the end-to-end technology and service integration of Products & Services across all Go To Market teams, ensuring synergy in our overall delivery and operating model by working closely with peers within Software and Hardware Technology delivery teams.
- The primary responsibility of this position is to perform site reliability tasks such as operations support troubleshooting and remediation, define and measure SLO/SLI/SLA/ErrorBudgets, toil reduction, SLO driven dashboards, resiliency implementation.
- The role will focus on working on complex issues identifying, diagnosing and recommending engineering solutions.
- This position will bring together end to end products and services, including integration with Platform, IoT hardware, Application, Mobile & Technology groups such that we build compelling and differentiated services across the entire customer journey, with focus on quality, robustness, operational excellence, instrumentation and traceability.
- Collaborate closely with Product, Development, Quality and Ops teams to ensure that designed solutions respond to non-functional requirements such as availability, performance, cost, security, maintainability, achieve speed to market and quality to Engineering departments.
- Investigate issues, recommend and test fixes, coordinate issue resolution within technology and with external vendors.
- Evangelize site reliability engineering best practices to improve system reliability across the organization.
- Experience troubleshooting production workloads using technologies such as log aggregation systems and APM tooling, New Relic experience is a plus
- Build SLO/SLA dashboards and monitoring using tools like DataDog, New Relic or equivalent.
- Java technology development experience, ideally with Spring/Hibernate
- Analytical background, in the areas of user experience, data integrity and SLA.
- Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL technologies such as MySQL and MongoDB, Elastic Search
- Hands-on experience designing and developing web services preferred, e.g. REST, JSON
- Strong knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, test, build and release engineering processes with focus on automation and end-to-end traceability.
- Experience working with data streaming technologies, Kafka is a plus
- Working knowledge of the containers using Docker or Kubernetes preferred
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Winner of IoT Innovator Awards & Stevie Award for Customer Excellence
- Work with the Best and Brightest Talent
- Stable, High Growth and Profitable Company
- Comprehensive Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Plan)
- Wellness and Professional Development Programs and Spireon University
- Happy Hours, Car Washes Onsite, Local Food Trucks, Fun Team Building Events
- Employee Discounts on Spireon Products and Services