Sr. Software Engineer - PaaS - Full-Stack
This is Us:
- We have a bold vision to connect 25 million vehicles by 2025
- Our customers come first. We lead through innovation. We win as one. We act with integrity.
- We adhere to our brand promise – to make the complex simple, the future predictable, and our customers successful.
With nearly 4 million connected vehicles today, Spireon is an exciting player in the growing Connected Car and Internet of Things (IoT) technology categories. We help people and businesses track and protect their most important assets with vehicle intelligence solutions that gather Big Data and provide the critical insights with easy-to-use dashboards and apps.
This is You:
Do you want to shape the future of Big Data and the Internet of Things? Do you want to build, create, and dream up cutting-edge solutions? If you eat, breathe, sleep and exist for technology – and wear your smarts like a badge of honor, join our team of like-minded individuals and let’s do this. You’ll have plenty of challenges and opportunities to take on. There’s never a dull moment around here.
We are building a new team to give life to a brand new Platform as a Service (PaaS) offering. As part of the new PaaS team, your primary responsibility will be to create and support new front-end user experiences all the way from mock-ups to production. Through this journey you will:
- Design, code, unit test and debug application features as specified
- Partner with Software Leads and Product Owners to deliver and gain QA acceptance
- Leverage Agile principles and practices to deliver the highest possible quality, performance and feature velocity
- Work with Agile software team to scope work and produce estimates
- Leverage technology knowledge to implement product solutions
- Confidence building web applications from scratch
- 5+ years’ experience with general development experience
- 3+ years’ experience with browser and front-end technologies like React, Angular, CSS, AJAX, etc.
- 2+ years’ experience in Java technologies, ideally with Spring/Hibernate experience
- Hands-on experience designing and developing web services (e.g. REST, SOAP, JSON, XML)
- Experience with Java App Server technology (e.g. Tomcat), RDBMS (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience in developing scalable and reliable web applications/platforms, including integration with internal and external systems
- Experience using development/deployment tools such as GitHub/GitLab, Jenkins, Docker/Kubernetes, etc.
- Understands fundamentals of Agile methodologies - iterative development, SCRUM, UAT, continuous integration
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, and unit testing
- Streaming and NoSQL technology (e.g. Kafka, MongoDB, ElasticSearch) a plus
- An understanding of Telematics and Vehicle Intelligence applications a huge plus
- Voted IoT Vehicle Telematics Company of the Year and winner of Golden Bridge Award for Excellence in Customer Service
- Work with the Best and Brightest Talent
- Stable, High Growth and Profitable Company
- Comprehensive Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Plan)
- Spireon University for ongoing Learning, Wellness and Professional Development Programs
- Happy Hours, Car Washes Onsite, Local Food Trucks, Fun Team Building Events