Sr. Cost Accountant
Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation, a customer focused global provider of high voltage power supplies, X-Ray generator and Monoblocks® - provides custom products for medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research, security, industrial process controls, semiconductor manufacturing and undersea data transmission.
In this full-time position, reporting to the Director of Operations Finance, this role will lead various reporting and financial analysis processes in the area of: product standard cost setting and maintenance, cost variance analysis, overhead absorption rates and absorption variances, product gross margin and contribution margin reporting and analysis, as well as interactive business partnering with Operations, Engineering, Sales and Procurement - both domestic and overseas, to provide interpretative value of data trends and cost optimization.
Additionally, while interacting with the general accounting and financial reporting team, this individual would be responsible for monthly journal entries pertaining to cost and reconciliations, ensuring all cost of sales and profitability management reporting, reconciles to published financial statements, is accurate and timely.
- Work with Operations regarding proper work order material unit cost and labor swipe information - investigate manufacturing cost anomalies, process variance analysis, and analyze monthly cost of product and gross margin data.
- Prepare periodic cost reports related to engineering projects and help maintain the project cost data.
- Maintain standard costs and inventory classifications and update as necessary for different product line inventory in system.
- Extrapolate data patterns and trends in easily readable charts, graphs and other exhibits so as to help managers evaluate results and determine potential needed actions.
- Work closely with Engineering department to ensure development and application jobs are properly costed.
- Working with Operations and the Supply Chain, evaluate inventory for potential excess and or obsolete issues and manage the related reserve.
- Analyze other cost of sales items including warranty and help collaborate on potential improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting /Finance
- 7+ years of cost accounting related financial analysis experience, in a standard cost environment
- Strong understanding of Operational activities in a manufacturing environment
- Strong understanding / working knowledge of general accounting principles, standard costing, job costing and overall accounting internal controls
- Good knowledge and ability to modify and create solid processes to enhance reporting and analysis
- Strong team player who communicates effectively, can analyze needs, and find proper solutions
- Action-oriented team member who is willing to dig into details and derive conclusions efficiently and effectively based on various analysis
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel is required, vlookup and pivot table knowledge is the must, with strong data interpretation skills
- Strong experience in ERP systems ie. SAP, Oracle, Glovia, etc.
- Detail oriented with strong communication skills
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.