Cost Accounting Manager
Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation, a customer focused global provider of high voltage power supplies, X-Ray generator and Monoblocks® - provides custom products for medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research, security, industrial process controls, semiconductor manufacturing and undersea data transmission.
The Cost Accounting Manager will be responsible for taking ownership of inventory valuation and product cost processes as well as initiatives within the Finance department related to inventory revaluations. This would include, leading the process of collaborating with Purchasing, Manufacturing and Engineering in establishing standard costs, inclusive of variable and fixed overhead rates. It would also include directing, and in some cases performing, analytics around work order and other manufacturing or purchase variances, overhead variances, drivers of cycle count variances, profitability by product, evaluating inventory for potential obsolescence and recommending the required reserves, as well as other operational metrics. Additionally we look for this individual to partner with the Manufacturing Management to help them identify areas for improvement in cost efficiencies, spend reductions, budgeting and forecasting around production spend, inventory levels and related turns. We would look to this person to be the go-to individual for cost of sales and inventory valuation topics.
- Responsibility for the timely and accurate issuance of monthly financial reports around cost of sales and profitability (contribution and gross margin analysis) by product as well as inventory valuation. This would include the cost of quality as well as manufacturing and purchase variances.
- Be a source of expertise around product costing methods, including the view from a variable basis for contribution margin as well as the fully loaded product cost.
- Summarize and report on analytics around large data sets and point management to the key drivers of anomalies as well as recommend solutions to how to best address issues identified.
- Direct staff to prepare, and in some cases perform themselves, the analysis of product cost by elements.
- Support month-end and year-end close activities, including journal entry review and, in some cases preparation, ensuring reconciliations are performed timely and reconciling items properly addressed, reporting on month end financial results and support of the audit in the areas of cost of sales and inventory valuations.
- Business partnering with the Manufacturing and Supply Chain management to help identify areas for improvement, be it in product or operational costs or in analytics around make vs buy decisions or other areas where Cost Accounting can collaborate and support the organization.
- Be an expert in the above areas and help provide guidance to the Cost Accounting functions in our remote and international manufacturing locations.
- 10+ years costing experience.
- 5+ years Management experience.
- Manufacturing experience is a MUST! (ideally electrical equipment manufacturing and standard costing)
- Bachelors in Business required, MBA preferred with an emphasis is Finance.
- Excellent oral and written communication abilities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong ERP experience (Glovia as preference but SAP or Oracle or others would be adequate)
- Firm understanding of Bills of Materials and labor routings within product cost structure
- Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint knowledge.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Strong business writing and reporting skills for executive matters.
- Strong sense of ownership for areas of their responsibility.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.