Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation, a privately owned, rapidly growing B2B company is seeking a creative and seasoned leader to enhance our Sales Leadership Team. Spellman designs and manufactures custom power conversion products for OEM systems used in medical diagnostic imaging, sub-microscopic material analysis, security, industrial inspection, semiconductor manufacturing and underwater data transmission.
Established Lean Engineer with at least 3 years’ experience in electronics manufacturing environment. Strong background in fundamental lean principles and ability to value stream and set up work process cells required. Assist in the implementation of Lean Manufacturing techniques to improve workflow, reduce cycle time, and costs. This person must be able to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as in a team environment. Proven ability to manage material movements as well as knowledge of material movement techniques based on TPS. (Toyota Production System)
Provide technical expertise to assist the business in improving work and process activities.
- Work to reduce waste in all facets of company.
- Create and assist in the creation of standard work instructions.
- Be familiar with Lean fundamentals, 5S, Value Stream Mapping; Pull systems, Cellular Manufacturing, SMED, TPM, and Kaizen events.
- Assist in developing and maintaining metrics for management review.
- Ability to evaluate and recommend improvements in manufacturing and office environment.
- Manage improvement projects with minimal supervision.
- Develop and or maintain lean six sigma training for corporation.
- Ability to facilitate Kaizen events.
- Conduct presentations for sponsors and senior management.
- Represent Continuous Improvement department during new employee introduction.
- Create standardized work instructions to support flow in manufacturing.
- Minimum of B.S. in Industrial Engineering or related experience required.
- 3- 5 yrs. experience in electronics manufacturing environment.
- Bilingual in both English and Spanish is a plus.
- Ability to work well in team setting.
- Must be self-motivated, have initiative, and have a positive personality. Possession of the fortitude to persevere to see tough projects through to completion yet enjoy the work.
- Must be willing to engage in culture change and maintain an ever-changing environment to satisfy customer demands.
- Experience using Word, Excel, Visio, ACAD, teams and PowerPoint is required.
- Ability to travel to manufacturing sites outside of U.S. up to 20%.
- Familiar with MRP systems and lean manufacturing in a high Mix and Low volume environment
Working conditions are normal for an office/manufacturing environment. Ability to travel 20% of time to other international business sites as required.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.