Director of Operations
Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation, a customer focused global provider of high voltage power supplies, X-Ray generator and Monoblocks® - provides custom products for medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research, security, industrial process controls, semiconductor manufacturing and undersea data transmission.
The Director of Operations will directs all aspects of the operations within our Hauppauge facility. This includes, manufacturing, planning, manufacturing engineering, customer service, continuous improvement, safety and facilities. This role will develop and implement plans to efficiently utilize materials, labor, and equipment. Ensure that all parts, assemblies, and final products are produced on schedule and according to established requirements. The Director of Operations will collaborate with the production team to develop manufacturing and production plans, schedules, and targets, while ensuring manufacturing performance and quality goals are met.
- Define organizations goals, objectives and strategic plans based on corporate strategic goals.
- Develop site dashboard with goals, action plans and countermeasures.
- Drive continuous process improvements through lean/six sigma methodologies.
- Work with the Lean team to prioritize and drive CI projects.
- Support global operation with NPI and NPDC.
- Work with the IE/ME team to prioritize NPI, NPT and processes improvements.
- Travel to other sites for collaboration, harmonization and support.
- Cultivate a positive and respectful work environment by developing strong relationships with internal and external customers.
- Work with Operations team to improve GP/CM performance.
- Align Operations with shipping, receiving and purchasing requirements.
- Collaborate with Sales, Engineering and Finance for Monthly SENGO meeting.
- Make recommendations for capital expenditures of capacity increases or cost reductions
- Insure manufacturing’s compliance with ISO procedures and the company’s quality statement
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business Administration preferred.
- 12+ years of working within a manufacturing environment
- 5+ years working in a management capacity
- DFT/Lean Certification highly preferred.
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt preferred.
- Microsoft Project, Word, Power-point, Excel, Visio, Auto-Cad LT, ERP systems
- Leadership qualities and excellent team building skills
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.