Process Engineering Technician
Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation is the world’s leading manufacturer of high voltage power supply, X-Ray generator and Monoblock® X-Ray sources. Our products power medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research equipment, airline security systems, food and consumer product scanners, and intercontinental communications. Spellman’s power sources enable the improvement, and saving, of lives.
We are currently looking to hire two Manufacturing Engineer Technicians to join our Hauppauge Corporate Headquarters.
As a Manufacturing Engineer Technician at Spellman High Voltage, you will have direct responsibility for improving the manufacturing process at the US headquarters of a growing, global manufacturer. You will be intimately involved with the generation of instructions and procedures used to enhance operational efficiencies.
- Works closely with Manufacturing Engineers to recommend and implement process improvements, review documentation requirements, generate manufacturing instructions, procedures, and ECN’s to current errors or improve manufacturability.
- Possess limited latitude for independent judgement and consults with senior peers on projects to gain skills and knowledge
- Review time/labor standards and adjust routings to enable an understanding of capacity, load and efficiency
- Develop and maintain operational procedures
- Generate manufacturing instructions and procedures in support of product build requirements
- Generate ECN’s as required
- Review defect data, analyze potential root causes and implement corrective actions as required
- Use of Auto-Cad to draw simple manufacturing fixtures
- Generate automation (machine) programs as required
Associates Degree in an Engineering or Technical field preferred. Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent experience.
Three to five years’ experience in a manufacturing environment. Preferably in an electronics manufacturing environment.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.