Engineering Test and Safety Lead
Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation is the world’s leading manufacturer of high voltage power supply, X-Ray generator and Monoblock® X-Ray sources. Our products power medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research equipment, airline security systems, food and consumer product scanners, and intercontinental communications. Spellman’s power sources enable the improvement, and saving, of lives.
The Engineering Test and Safety Lead is an individual contributor role, responsible for Safety and all other activities within the Engineering Labs. The Engineering Test and Safety Lead must be knowledgeable of electrical safety precautions and have experience working in a Laboratory environment
- Review Engineering testing safety procedures and identify risks/gaps
- Work with Engineering personnel to develop / update safety procedures & equipment
- Work with all Engineering personnel to define test needs and priorities
- Interface with other parts of the business (Ops, Quality, Facilities, Safety etc.) on test activities and testing safety Review and support the development of test plans & procedures
- Review test set-ups to ensure concurrence with previously agreed test plans and procedures
- Ensure all safety steps are taken and all test equipment and applicable PPE is included in the test planning/procedures and is used during test execution
- Work with Engineering management and the Safety team to define testing related safety training
- Work closely with Engineers to ensure Labs are organized, clutter-free, and maintained
- 1-2 years of relative experience is preferred
- Able to read and understand schematics and circuits
- Background in Electrical Safety
- Knowledge of Test Equipment and Test Setups
- Trained in Lean 6S
- Report Safety statistics and corrective actions
- Knowledge of Power Supply Operation
- Computer literate
- May require occasional travel to other Spellman sites
Working conditions are normal for engineering environment. Work involves lifting of materials and products up to 50 pounds. Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots and hardhats. Will be working with units producing high voltages, and also produce x-rays. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment
opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.