Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation is the world’s leading manufacturer of high voltage power supply, X-Ray generator and Monoblock® X-Ray sources. Our products power medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research equipment, airline security systems, food and consumer product scanners, and intercontinental communications. Spellman’s power sources enable the improvement, and saving, of lives.
The Junior Engineer assists Project Engineers in designing and improving products through independently assigned tasks and troubleshooting (to component level) of all power supplies and sub-assemblies. The Junior Engineer must be knowledgeable of electrical and electronic circuitry and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Work independently assisting Project Engineers in development of X-ray generators and other HV power supplies, including hardware, power, and high voltage
- Test new software developed for HV power supplies
- Create Engineering Change Notices (ECNs) or assist engineers in creating ECNs
- Assist customers in troubleshooting our prototypes
- Recommend changes to ATP’s and testing methods as required
- Work with other engineering members on technical issues and recommend test method changes on new product release and developments
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics Engineering plus two or more years of experience in engineering environment in testing and troubleshooting electronic assemblies OR Associate’s Degree in Electronics technology or equivalent technical certificate plus 4 years of experience
- Able to read and understand schematics and circuits
- Able to troubleshoot down to component level
- Knowledge of soldering
- Computer literate
- May require occasional travel to customer sites
Working conditions are normal for engineering environment. Work involves lifting of materials and products up to 50 pounds. Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots and hardhats. Will be working with units producing high voltages, and also produce x-rays. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment
opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.