Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation, a customer focused global provider of high voltage power supplies, X-Ray generator and Monoblocks® - provides custom products for medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research, security, industrial process controls, semiconductor manufacturing and undersea data transmission.
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for preventive maintenance and repairs on equipment at Spellman’s headquarters in Hauppauge and production facility in Valhalla, New York. The successful candidate will also perform building repairs and improvements, including light carpentry, basic plumbing and minor electrical work. He/She must have experience in OSHA compliance in a manufacturing environment and a strong understanding of basic mechanics, including pumps, motors, conveyors, etc.
- Track and perform preventive maintenance on equipment
- Troubleshoot and repair production and operational equipment
- Complete and close work orders in a timely fashion
- Able to communicate clearly with all levels of staff and management
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Check control panels and wiring to identify issues
- Extensive knowledge of electrical, plumbing, hydraulic, numatic, and other systems (install, repair, troubleshoot)
- Diagnosing mechanical issues and correcting them.
- Repairing machines, equipment, or structures as necessary.
- Check control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues
- High school graduate with trade school degree in electrical or mechanical is preferred
- Minimum 5 to 8 years of relevant prior experience
- Carpentry work
- Electrical work
- HVAC maintenance
- Valid New York State driver’s license, clear of convictions
- Able to understand basic schematics and mechanical drawings
- A self-starter with the ability to work on several projects simultaneously under the direction of Lead Mechanic
- Strong organizational and follow up skills.
- Strong time management skills.
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves frequent lifting of materials and product up to 50 pounds. Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots and hardhats. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.