Document Control Design / Drafting Specialist
Spellman is the world’s leading manufacturer of high voltage power supply, X-Ray generator and Monoblock® X-Ray sources. Our products power medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research equipment, airline security systems, food and consumer product scanners, and intercontinental communications. Spellman’s power sources enable the improvement, and saving of, lives.
We are currently seeking a creative and experienced specialist to join the Engineering Document Control department. The candidate will be part of a team that interacts with multiple departments to support the needs of a growing Global company. This person should be organized, have experience in a fast-paced environment, and have the flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain Spellman’s drawings and documents that are under revision control and incorporate ECO/ECN’s, reviewing for compliance and completeness.
- Coordinate the review and revision of procedures, specifications, parts lists, ECR/ECOs, BOM and forms; maintain the comprehensive filing system for all documents to be retained in the document control center.
- Process Document requests and timely distribution of latest revision level documentation to all appropriate users and ensure that obsolete documentation is removed from distribution and databases updated.
- Ensures completeness and accuracy of information contained in all documents, document files, databases, and documentation systems.
- Maintain a computer database of all filed documentation that ensures fast retrieval of documents.
- Create, maintain, and update part numbers and BOM’s in ERP system.
- Collaborates with Engineering, Manufacturing, and Quality within our global team to achieve successful documentation and maintenance of part numbers, processes, drawings, and schematics, ensuring successful product transfers from engineering to manufacturing.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- 5 years’ applicable work experience required
- Associates in an Engineering discipline preferred
- Experience with BOM structuring
- Experience with revision control of specifications
- Understanding of ISO9000 and Lean Manufacturing practices
- Familiar with engineering drawings, schematics and blue prints
- Ability to update Engineering drawings using AutoCAD and Inventor
- PDF editing software experience desirable.
- ERP and Excel experience required,
- Previous experience in electronics industry is a plus
- The candidate must be fluent in English, verbally and writing skills
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly