Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation, a customer focused global provider of high voltage power supplies, X-Ray generator and Monoblocks® - provides custom products for medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research, security, industrial process controls, semiconductor manufacturing and undersea data transmission.
The positions supports Global leadership through the preparation of reports, tracking of metrics (KPI), creation of meeting materials and execution of special projects as assigned.
- Manages the environmental, industrial, health and safety regulation compliance for Hauppauge and Valhalla locations.
- Chair the local safety committee
- Manage the development and implementation of health and safety policies and procedures to minimize the risk of job-related injuries or accidents.
- Ensure organization complies with all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Work with leaders from other functional areas to inspect workplace to identify health and safety hazards and take actions to correct and prevent them.
- Educate employees on safe and healthy working conditions to help prevent hazards in the workplace.
- Develops and oversees training programs for employees in areas such as compliance training, lab/plant inspection, hazardous material handling, emergency response, industrial hygiene, and life safety.
- Oversees licensed hazardous waste disposal and monitors waste handling.
- Investigate incidents and ensure all appropriate reports are prepared in a timely manner and maintained according to government regulations.
- Create and oversee emergency procedures and ensure emergency teams are prepared for potential incidents.
- Ensures appropriate corrective action is taken where health and safety hazards exist.
- Hold weekly safety toolbox sessions.
- Updates management monthly with EHS KPI’s and action plans
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety, Environmental Science or related technical field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years of experience in facilities management preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of ISO14001 standard and Behavior Based Safety.
- Experience with OSHA and local safety regulations.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Project, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and training skills
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.