Global Supply Chain Sourcing Manager
Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation, a customer focused global provider of high voltage power supplies, X-Ray generator and Monoblocks® - provides custom products for medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research, security, industrial process controls, semiconductor manufacturing and undersea data transmission.
The Suzhou Industrial Park, China based position supports global leadership in the Specification, Sourcing, Monitoring, Planning, Forecasting, Quality, Life Cycle Management, and Supply Chain Flow.
- Execute sourcing strategy across identified purchase groups and categories (Chemicals, Electronic Components, Adhesives, Metals, Plastics, Packaging, PC Boards, Wire, Tubes, Fabricated Components)
- Develop, optimize and manage optimal supply chain value streams that are robust and scalable to support the business objectives
- Update, develop, & create actionable plans to reduce cost, inventory, and lead time from suppliers globally
- Establish effective supply partner relationships and lead key supplier quarterly business reviews (QBR’s) – manage metrics & performance of supply base
- Work with key suppliers to create measurable value in optimized lead times, landed cost, quality, performance, flexibility, technology and optimal cash flow
- Monitor and communicate significant changes in pricing, market drivers, and availability on key commodities, services, and raw materials
- Contract preparation, negotiation and oversight
- Create RFQ’s, execute, measure, and communicate results
- Design and optimize supply chain value streams for both released products & for new designs, working closely with Design Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering & Supply Chain on NPI
- Ability to hand off sourcing strategies and programs to global or local buyers for execution
- Draft global procedures and SOP’s which harmonize sourcing approach for major spend
- Work with Planning, Logistics, Inventory, Procurement, and Production teams to set up systems and tools which promote customer OTD, inventory balance, and optimal cost / throughput
- Experience working with global cross functional teams (Quality, Manufacturing, Customer Service, Continuous Improvement, Engineering, Sales)
- Experience executing strategies that optimize life cycle management of items cradle to grave, ensuring close ties to suppliers to effectively manage EOL (End of Life) components & market constraints such as allocations
- Evaluate and organize data, creating valuable insight which can be used to take immediate and long-term action
- Bachelor’s degree required, BSEE desirable
- Minimum 10 years related experience and/or training (including Asia, North America, and Europe supply chains)
- Electrical procurement experience preferred across multiple manufacturing locations (domestic and international)
- Practice and promote a very collaborative and team-based service approach while demonstrating exceptional individual contributions
- Possess a pragmatic, hands on approach with a bias for action
- Demonstrable, excellent negotiation skills and business acumen
- Able to effectively present information and sell ideas to stakeholders globally
- Strong working knowledge of ERP Systems and logic
- Advanced use Word, Excel (formula / Pivot Tables), PowerPoint, Visio, and SharePoint required
- Working knowledge of Access, Excel (V Look Ups)
- Ability to analyze data and create reports which accurately reflect the state of the business
- Bilingual Mandarin Chinese and English, ability to also speak Spanish a plus.
- Competent with mathematical calculation
- Six Sigma and LEAN experience a plus
- Up to 50% global travel (Able to travel to Mexico, USA, Europe, Asia)
NOTE: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. Employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by employees’ supervisor and/or manager.
Working conditions are normal for both an office and manufacturing environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone. May be required to lift items up to 30 lbs.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.