Vice President of Global Quality
Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation is the world’s leading manufacturer of high voltage power supply, X-Ray generator and Monoblock® X-Ray sources. Our products power medical diagnostic imaging, scientific research equipment, airline security systems, food and consumer product scanners, and intercontinental communications. Spellman’s power sources enable the improvement, and saving, of lives.
The Vice President of Global Quality will oversee Spellman’s product quality management program and participate as a strategic partner in developing and implementing corporate quality and process improvement to achieve world-class levels of performance. Responsibilities will include the development and implementation of quality processes, policies, and procedures to improve operational and business processes and increase customer satisfaction, as well as engaging and motivating employees at all levels to take personal responsibility for meeting standards and commitments.
- Be the internal quality advocate, helping others keep quality and its consequences top of mind
- Develop and inspire talent within the quality team at all locations
- Ensure consistent, state of the art quality control standards, metrics, equipment and processes are used at all sites
- Manage and drive QMS metrics and Internal Audit processes, ensuring timely root cause analyses are completed and effective corrective actions are deployed
- Work closely with Engineering, Continuous Improvement, Manufacturing Engineering and other functional leaders to improve products, processes and customer satisfaction while minimizing costs and risks
- Increase participation and education about the Qualified Operator program
- Develop an effective communication strategy with key customers’ quality organizations
- Improve supply chain quality
- Triage/prioritize customer and in-process quality issues to ensure Management awareness, rapid analysis, and effective resolution
- Ensure suitable quality input to product design, new product introduction and ECN processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering; MBA preferred
- 10 + years of experience in Quality Management in electronic assembly, including supply chain, in-process, new product development and field reliability
- Leadership, teambuilding, cross cultural communication, International quality, safety, and environmental standards (e.g. ISO9001, 14000, FDA)
- Advanced analytic methodology to determine root causes and deploy and maintain corrective actions
- Project management
- Expertise in Lean/Six Sigma methodology – Master Black Belt level preferred
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and use of relational databases, with advanced proficiency in Quality data system tools
- Hands-on International experience in leading quality improvement projects
- Certified Quality Engineer/Manager (ASQ)
- Demonstrated experiences in Quality, in conjunction with a deep understanding of Supply Chain Engineering and testing and reliability experience
- Must possess strong communication skills, including a strong business acumen and deep understanding of the technological lexicon
- Strong interpersonal skills – demonstrates charisma and gravitas to partner effectively with key stakeholders including internal and external customers, as well as suppliers
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally (approximately 50%)
- Multi-lingual skills a plus, but not required
NOTE: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed. Employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by employees’ supervisor and/or manager.
Working conditions are normal for both an office and manufacturing environment. Must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time; able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis; able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone. May be required to lift items up to 30 lbs.
We at Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation believe that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status or disability. The right of equal employment opportunity extends to recruiting, hiring selection, transfer, promotion, training and all other conditions of employment.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Spellman High Voltage Electronics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Spellman High Voltage Electronics employee. Spellman High Voltage Electronics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Spellman High Voltage Electronics and will be processed accordingly.